Self Energy EG20 GENERATOR

mickymoor

Hi
anybody have a Self Energy EG20 generator fitted to their vans ?,are they any good ?,how much to get one fitted ?,where to get one fitted.
Any imformation about these please.
regards
mickymoor

Yes, I did look at these generators last year, but was a bit concerened about the weight, what with our electric bikes, and the bike rack, the sat dish,and solar panel we sail a bit close to our limit..

Jackie

You will most likely pay in excess of £2000 buy the time you have finished.

I would have a honda eu20i generator, which is 2kg heavier but gives you 2kw at 230v and 12amps of 12v (so no invertor). Same noise level, no 2 stroke oil and you can have then running on LPG. I guess the fact that it is not built in is a con but also a pro.

You can get these units from Costco for about £800 ish and you get their lifetime warrenty.

UKP2400 buys an awful lot of running the vehicle engine to top up a leisure battery.

But its a nice neat idea.

I am already using a honda eu10i that has been converted to propane gas and a 110amp battery and a 800w solar panel to run my camos sat dome/avtec 15" tv but its a pain when the tv runs out half way through a program.
With the eg20 this should never happen unless you run out of gas plus the eu10i and bits is bulky and heavy as the only place i have to store it is the van toilet.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back