Securing bikes in moho garage.

Ted

We have just bought an Adria Matrix 600DT. It has a large garage that we can get our 2 bikes in but we would like some ideas as to how to secure them without drilling any holes!

I assume there are beds over the garage. If so, I used to drill two holes for eyebolts in the garage ceiling so that you can lash the bikes from top to bottom. I've assumed you only didn't want to drill any exterior holes.

I assume there are beds over the garage. If so, I used to drill two holes for eyebolts in the garage ceiling so that you can lash the bikes from top to bottom. I've assumed you only didn't want to drill any exterior holes.
That makes sense - hard to drill into anything that's cost what this cost!

I know the feeling, but once you've done the first one .................. I use a collared eyebolt and a larger washer or plate on the cab side so that it spreads the load when tensioned, something like this ..

IMG_0183.jpeg

See pics of current bike securing, rear wall with alloy check plate secured large dia, not long, self tappers, this secures 2x bikes to rear wall. Garage floor covered with alloy check plate, note angle fixed to alloy floor plate with orange webbing, webbing stops up and down movement of bikes. No issues with this setup to date.
IMG_7329.jpeg

I have been thinking about sourcing tube same dia as tube that slips into bike frame with saddle attached.

When storing, remove said tube with saddle, then slip longer tube with pad welded to top end of tube, which with a hard push against garage roof to secure each bike, or no pad eg, an upside down cup screwed to garage roof, which the tube slips into and secured bikes within garage.

Sounds good, Terry ... especially if you've got a quick release on the saddle stem, don't tell Thule before you patent it 👍👍.

Sounds good, Terry ... especially if you've got a quick release on the saddle stem, don't tell Thule before you patent it 👍👍.
Aye, same release you use to remove saddle and stalk.

Been down the patent road before, Swiss company, UWATEC, long story, I succumbed to their legal team. 🤬

I forgot to add, my product was around before their copy product.

How about a couple of lengths of timber on the floor spaced so I that the wheel slots between them and then something like this screwed to the wall at the side of the bike just above crossbar height holding a short rail just long enough to project a little way past the bike frame.
1729189021386.jpeg

Then a couple of something like these to clamp the tube to the crossbar.
Then something like this to fix the crossbar to the rail.
Nincha 360 Rotation Cycling Light Holder Bike Flashlight Bracket Grip Bicycle LED Lamp Stand MTB Torch Clamp Clip Mount Accessories https://amzn.eu/d/aN5ICcp

Back