scottish highlands

jenspen

Just got back from a month in the Highlands. Found quite a few wildcamping sites will post them when i have more time. Had a great time me the husband and two dogs. Fabulous scenery, good and bad roads especially the coast road to Wick Do not recommend but surprised at some of the single track A roads especially down to Lairg unexpectedly pleasant to drive on even with a 22ft motorhome. Rain everyday, but grateful not to come home to a flood. Has anyone found anything fairly effective for midges other than the elegant hoods that are available? Hope to go up there again later in the year, next trip to southern Scotland.

We are off to the Torridon and Applecross area shortly, complete with midge hats, autan,Avon skin so soft, citronella, marmite and garlic.I don't for one moment expect this lot to keep the midges at bay but we have to try, don't we?
Glad you enjoyed yourselves.

Snap, we just got back today from bonnie Scotland

Just got back from 2 weeks touring, should have been 3 but had had enough of the rain, like you we are not flooded out so should be thankful.
We drove up the west side of Scotland, took the Corran ferry to Ardnarmurchan. Spent a few days there and saw a sea Eagle. Didn't know they existed but we had visited the Ancient Living Centre on the shores of Loch Sunart the day before so knew what to look out for. Then we went back over to the "mainland" the long way round and headed over to Perthshire and Kinross via Fort William. We wild camped all the way except at Blair Atholl and didn't "hook up" once. I was so proud!:D
Now I have to just unload everything!! Will post pictures when I get the chance.

P>S Midge repellant for me was Avon So soft body lotion. It seemed to work . Usually get bitten terribly but this time only 8 bites!! last time there were too many to count!!

Last edited:

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back