Satellite Finder

Nosha

This is for any of you digital guys, but I bought a Lydl Sat' finder for £2.99! It's brilliant, it even comes with a 6" patch lead and little sun hood! It has adjustable sensativity with both a strip of 5 LED's and an buzzer. I've only just got round to using it, I put up a second dish at the weekend, mounted the dish about verticle, aimed it southish, fitted cables and plugged in box (It even works when the box is on standby), swung dish left and right until buzzer was loudest, turned down the gain, tilted it up and down for loudest buzz and then even tried rotating the LNB (made no difference?).

Switched on TV and found the signal strength & signal quality were both around 80%, job done in 2mins flat!

I'm going to try it mobile next! Amstrad box via an inverter and dish on a folding cloths airer base - cheaper than a 'Satellite dish tripod'!!!

I find it easier to use the digibox output for satellite location. As well as strength and quality you also get carrier id so you're sure you've got the right satellite. In a van its easy to swing the dish while watching the screen. £3 is a good price though.

we use the tv set for tuning
we take our sky box with us just face the tv
so it can be seen from outside go to sky setup
signal strengh and set the dish up no probs
in the summer time a quick setup you point the dish
towards the sun at around miday you wont be far off

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back