sat nav

***** said:
Thinking of buying a Garmin Nuvi, either a 350,360 or more probably a 660.
Has anyone got one of these & can advise. Thanks:confused:
I have a nuvi 660 *****,I also have a Dayton ds 550 fitted into my van,the garmin is much,much better,used it all over europe and cannot fault it,I have never added anything to it as I dont know how to do it,but I will be watching this thread and if you buy one I will be looking for tips,paddywhack.

***** said:
Seamusog, Thanks for that reassurance. If I get one I think it will be the Nuvi 660.:cool:
I can buy it with all the European Aires pre loaded for £389.:confused:
I know I can get it cheaper but I think it is worth it with the preloads.
Do U miss a north marker as I believe that it do's not have one?
Paid £360 for mine from halfords,I would have went for the pre loaded job if it was available,I'm afraid I do not know what you mean re 'north marker' I just switch on,set destination and go,I'm so stupid with these things its probably for the best.I would like to get the aires downloaded tho'.We went from Scotland to Malaga,Malaga to the Algarve then the return journey without any problems,eventually turned off my Daymon system.I believe the tt is similar but the 660 is slimline and fits neatly into any pocket.I am totally happy with it,regards seamus.

Mine is switchable from, either showing the direction you are heading at the top of the screen and the map scrolls down

or

with the top of the screen as north and the map moves like an OS map with you, if you are heading east the screen will scroll L-R.

virgil said:
Mine is switchable from, either showing the direction you are heading at the top of the screen and the map scrolls down

or

with the top of the screen as north and the map moves like an OS map with you, if you are heading east the screen will scroll L-R.

Sorry... R-L! D'oh!

Large vehicle sat nav

Hi all

I am new to the forum but have been reading your comments with interest, I am in the market for a new van and some toys to fit to it.

I have come across a sat nav unit with truck data in it which will plan routes around low bridges, narrow roads, weight restrictions etc.

I found it here:

http://www.conrad-anderson.co.uk/satellitenavigationsystems/PN6000TSN.htm

I have played with it briefly at the NEC caravan show in February, but have never used it in anger.

Sorry if this sounds like spam, thought you might be interested.

AMF

Hi got a bit of a prob-hubby fancies a sat nav for birthday and I have no idea what exactley I am looking for. Anyone out there who could give some advice Please.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back