my sat nav always reads 4 to 5 miles an hour slower than the speedo
i wonder which is correct
is it because the signal has to travel so far
or is the speedo wrong ?

my sat nav always reads 4 to 5 miles an hour slower than the speedo
i wonder which is correct
is it because the signal has to travel so far
or is the speedo wrong ?

wonder if its anything to do with speedos running about 10%fast the sat nav runs at a truer speed as it is using satellites to track you

thanks folks
you must be right it happens with all our vehicles
i must seem a real old doderer believing my speedo i wonderd why every one is always pasing me

Sat Nav technology is used to get the speed of racing cars.
Speedos have always been a bit over and people have taken this to mean that they can exceed the speed limits by 10%: Not so, the Nasty Man will still ruin your day with, points, fines and all sorts of unpleasantness

Sat Nav

Heres One For U A Trucker Mate Of Mine Has Sat Nav Speed Reading Was 32 Mph Speedo And Taco Read 29 Mph Hand Held Speed Camera Was 34mph When The Firm Got The Ticket He Objected As He Rememberd Seeing Traffic Cop Sent His A Copy Of Taco In To Court Ay The Time On The Ticket He Had Gone No Faster Than 30mph For 10 Mins Before And After Said Time

hi *****
he was in built up area well known for traps anyway after produceing taco the court could not understand why there was three different speeds
taco/sat nav/ speed gun they went for taco as it was only re calabrated two days before goes to show what could happen if he didnt bother.

Last edited:
hi *****,
just come in from work this morning went to get wagon in yard very strong smell of diesel looked at tank weve got anti theft gagets fitted to filler pipes but this didnt stop em made a nice hole in tank on 4 wagons knowing there filled at night for early starts not only that they nicked the batterys as well this is in a works yard where there is people working and camaras 24 hours it great this world we live in :)

hi *****,
just come in from work this morning went to get wagon in yard very strong smell of diesel looked at tank weve got anti theft gagets fitted to filler pipes but this didnt stop em made a nice hole in tank on 4 wagons knowing there filled at night for early starts not only that they nicked the batterys as well this is in a works yard where there is people working and camaras 24 hours it great this world we live in :)

Its a sad world that we live in.:eek:
I could tell you some stories from when I worked for Allen Munro at Skelmersdale, but I think you will know roughly what I mean:rolleyes:;)
I worked there as well!!!

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back