samm re;- blakey ridge

pappajohn

hi samm
just been on the lion inn website and it appears the camping field is now closed permanantly. :( :mad:
all down to chav's and boy racers partying all night on the field without permission to be there.
this place is six bloody miles from civilization for god sake on a road to nowhere. :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:
i sent an email to see if we can overnight on the carpark but i'm not hopeful.
if not we will find somewhere quite up the road and walk back. :D
check out the website and go to noticeboard to read about the trouble :eek:

john.

iv took a look john....well gutted,maybe like you said stay down the rd or go somewhere else...maybe whitby instead,you pick as we easy like that,we dont mind where we go..sammx

blakey

hi samm
got a reply from pub.
ok to overnight on their carpark at £2.50 pp so we can still do the lion inn. :D :D :D
if i can i'll take a drive up that way to check out other wild spots just in case.

john.

pappajohn said:
hi samm
got a reply from pub.
ok to overnight on their carpark at £2.50 pp so we can still do the lion inn. :D :D :D
if i can i'll take a drive up that way to check out other wild spots just in case.

john.
excellent pappajohn....well done mate,look forward to seeing you guys again...love sammx

Hi

I have stayed up there a couple of times in the last month. There are no places to stay within easy walking, but if you carry on past the pub on the left towards Church Houses there is a right turn about a mile along, and just on the junction is a large gravel area.

I stayed there one night - no bother. But for £2,50. the pub is great - good food too.

I will be posting some more places on North Yorks moors to "wild it" in.

cheers

Dave

neckie said:
Hi

I have stayed up there a couple of times in the last month. There are no places to stay within easy walking, but if you carry on past the pub on the left towards Church Houses there is a right turn about a mile along, and just on the junction is a large gravel area.

I stayed there one night - no bother. But for £2,50. the pub is great - good food too.

I will be posting some more places on North Yorks moors to "wild it" in.

cheers

Dave

i know exactly the place you mean but its a fair slog back to the pub and i wouldnt want to leave my konti there for too long unattended.

john.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back