Russian Planar V Chinese copy sound test

JohnClimber

Fresh in from Owen of Planar UK.

I fully agree working in the crane industry and knowing how loud their heaters are and how quiet my Russian Planar heater is.
No it's not silent, but it's the best I've ever heard.
8.5/10 from me

YouTube click here

"Here is a heater sound comparison between a chinese Eberspacher clone at minimum power, a Planar russia heater running at medium power and a new Eberspacher D2 running at minimum power.

To be fair the location of the recording is the same and the phone used is the same. All heaters have a silencer and an intake silencer for combustion air ( planar ones were used for the chinese heater as none came with it).

Thanks
Planar Heaters UK- Home "

If someone is doing comparison videos they should at least do it under the same conditions for all three otherwise it's a waste of time. The first one fastened to the side of what looks like a new empty wood shed with a foot of duct on it ,the second mounted far better and you can not see the end of the length of ducting. It might not even be in the same room. The third with the phone at the end of a length of duct. It's no wonder the Planer looks good . Hardly a fair comparison but then It is from someone with a vested interest in Planer. Are they even the same size heaters there is no way of telling from that vid.

hmmm. That is a nonsense comparison video and does the guy a disservice as it looks like he is trying to skew the results to show what he sells to best effect.

Sorry guys.
I've just re watched it and you are right.

Please can an admin delete or at least close this post

Now where's the :humblepie: icon?

These are the readings I got in my garage with a 5Kw cheap Chinese heater using my phone with a noise meter app. I know they are the best of meters.
Readings were taken from 2m away with garage door closed.

Background noise in the garage door closed 22 dB
Heater running lowest setting 2m away 30 to 32 dB
Heater running highest setting 2m away 45 to 47 dB

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back