Rother District Council & RINGO

Nesting Zombie

WELL,
It’s getting Worse, Much worse in fact in my view.
There’s a little Carpark that I have used on several occasions in past years Right on Camber Sands (ok mainly only in OFF season it has to be said) but if I bought a Two Full Days Tickets for the Nest (Use to be at around the £4 each Mark from memory) I could stay 24 HRs & Park up by where the Horse Box Lorries would frequently Park for when they exercised them on the Beach in the mornings & ALL WAS WELL. Although The Toilets Was closed, Water was available at an outside Tap at the end of the Toilet Block. So quite a nice restbite for a stay at times & worth the £8 Or So in my book. So I thought because I haven’t been there for over 18 months I will give it another visit !.

FORGET IT !

RDC has now it seems handed over control of the Carparks to this ‘RINGO’ system thing, Wich Don’t Get me Wrong I have used in the past in other car parks to great effects & is Very quick & convenient do so too.
BUT
The Prices have gone up PER BAY, & it’s actually cheaper to buy 6 x 1 hour tickets for £9 Rather than 2 x 3 hour Tickets for £10 if just staying for what would Now be a VERY DEAR Lunch stop.
73B129D0-432C-4195-BDE6-597D7EC55FBC.jpg

It’s ALL on Camera & They have Stopped ANY & ALL over Nighting !
So this ‘Little Gem’ that was is now crossed off my list, Great shame.

BE2E90AA-6303-424B-9F17-E38A4D33CFCA.jpg

839CF179-1778-4093-B9E0-E9C43362740F.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
We got caught in a carpark for a recreation ground, a park, three hours free parking.

Except ringo had taken it over, three hour free parking but you have to register with ringo first, did not notice that and got fined.

:(

We got caught in a carpark for a recreation ground, a park, three hours free parking.

Except ringo had taken it over, three hour free parking but you have to register with ringo first, did not notice that and got fined.

:(

Oh THATS a Buxxer for you,
They don’t make it easy for people to ‘Try’ & do the right thing do they...
I suppose ultimately it’s down to us to Read & understand any signage of course,
But Hmmmm, annoying isn’t it.
The times that I’ve left Lidl after doing a shop without scanning the ticket & realise at the last second!...

What are you supposed to do if you don't have a phone or don't want to give debit card details to a strange company?

Good & Valid point Yorkslass,
Not to Stereotype, Single Out Or infer insults in any way, But what about the Typical Older cpl, No Smart phone as you suggest that just want to eat their Fish n Chips in a place that they may have visited a hundred times before !.

I mean this system obviously works, but I wouldn’t say it’s without issues & I’m on the fence as to if I like it or not.

Last edited by a moderator:
There is definately this assumption nowadays that EVERYONE has a mobile phone with data access to access this and that.

Not right and IMO any public body - or company that is providing a service to a public body - should have a requirement that their services are available to all and if payment for a service is required, actual real money can be used, not just electronic or card payments. If they can't do that, they shouldn't be allowed to charge for that particular service.

For the ignorant - what is RINGO?

Hi ya,
I don’t know if it actually Stands for something, But it’s a Company or Organiseation that has taken over the ‘Management’ of an alarming amount of Car parks Then Co-ordinated & centralised the Payment procedure to use Mainly a Mobile Or WWW, as well as a Machine if you can find one ...

Great idea, But PRICES HAVE SHOT UP !

Hi ya,
I don’t know if it actually Stands for something, But it’s a Company or Organiseation that has taken over the ‘Management’ of an alarming amount of Car parks Then Co-ordinated & centralised the Payment procedure to use Mainly a Mobile Or WWW, as well as a Machine if you can find one ...

Great idea, But PRICES HAVE SHOT UP !

‘RingGo’ is the Cashless Parking Solution according to the Interweb, once you’ve used them once, your registration number is logged with them & will recognise you when you ring a 2nd time.
All good if you’ve got a mobile, not so much if not.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back