Rodborough Common near Stroud

Jillygumbo

Hi I'm sitting in the larger of the two car parks on Rodborough Common. This is the first time I've wild camped proper. I was wondering if anyone knows if I'm sitting in a spot that might cause me grief. Local kids, etc

I don't want to settle down for the night and have a drink if I may have to move.

Can anyone advise me please?

Sorry don't know that part of wilts
But if you have a drink just keep the empty bottle handy to sort out would be trouble makers :hammer:

It's very quiet up here at the moment. Think I'll not bother with a drink, just in case. If the sky clears, will be beautiful as no light pollution

If you are going to try and 'wildcamp' on Roborough and Minchinhampton common, don't drink, you are liable to be moved on by the NT, they won't even let the ice cream shop put signs on the road!

If you are going to try and 'wildcamp' on Roborough and Minchinhampton common, don't drink, you are liable to be moved on by the NT, they won't even let the ice cream shop put signs on the road!

Mm thanks for that. A visit from NT wouldn't worry me as much as a visit from yobs though! Must be ok for some folks though as this is in the POI file.

Well, no problems overnight although it may well be different in better weather. One courting couple for a while and some lads in one car later (didn't stop long only for a wee I think). No one moved me on. All in all ok for a first time.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back