has any-one, any idea where we stand with our motor homes
or are these story's a lot of hot air ?

hi all
Ive been hearing story's about road tax going up this year,
for gas guzzling, high emission vehicles
has any-one, any idea where we stand with our motor homes
or are these story's a lot of hot air ?
Hi Sundown,
I have not heard anything about road tax going up it would not surprise me maybe its for the 4*4 jeeps;).

On another website, people are happy tax has come down to £165 for 12 months now. No matter what your weight is 1 tonne to 5 tonne.

Road Tx

Hi everyone

This is my first posting to the forum and though I have been visiting for a while now I have not had anything to comment upon.

A couple of weeks back I received my Tax renewal from the DVLA. £180 for my 3400cc Bessacarr.

I have renewed on-line today. Guess what? £185

Brian

Hi everyone

This is my first posting to the forum and though I have been visiting for a while now I have not had anything to comment upon.

A couple of weeks back I received my Tax renewal from the DVLA. £180 for my 3400cc Bessacarr.

I have renewed on-line today. Guess what? £185

Brian
Hi Brian,
First of all welcome to the forum and congratulations on your first post many more to follow i hope.
So what you are saying in your post is it costs £5 extra :eek: to renew online, if that correct it seem like a bit of a con i think i will be going to the post office the good old fashioned way.

Last edited:
Hi Brian,
First of all welcome to the forum and congratulations on your fist post many more to follow i hope.
So what you are saying in your post is it costs £5 extra :eek: to renew online, if that correct it seem like a bit of a con i think i will be going to the post office the good old fashioned way.

Brian is right, best to go to the P.O and pay cash.

The PLG road tax rate was put up in the Budget from £180 to £185, tax renewals due at the end of this month will be at the new rate, despite the renewal reminder saying £180...

I'm alright, ours is PHGV and the rate hasn't gone up, still £165 :)

AndyC

I taxed my car last day in February. I paid £185 for the year for a 2L engine. I paid cash at the PO counter.

You only pay a fee, if you pay online or by phone with a credit card... You do not pay a fee if you pay with a DEBIT card.

i dont Think i will bother this year as times are hard dear dear dear lost job made bankcrupt cant even spell the word , i will SORN van buy a tow rope and hang myself dont mention road tax/income tax/fueltax/betting tax/ vat
all we do is try to make a few bob and you get hammerd by taxman wot happend to our once good system HEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEELP:mad:

Don't worry about SORN for the van if you are Bankrupt the govenment will take it, until then you may as well use it, get caught and spent time inside, free meals, free accomodation, free entertainment, no worries about money at all. Seriously though I hope things are not as bad as you say. There is always next year.

No, it was added by the Chancellor at the budget. There is a £2.50 fee if you pay online or by phone, with a credit card.

AndyC

thats right you dont pay any extra if you pay with a debit card !! on line,:cool:

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back