River Motorhomes, Stratford on Avon

gasgas

We bought a 2022 Chausson recently - a few weeks ago but having used it for two weeks we think we made the wrong choice. That is to say, not knowing what the alternatives were, we didn't make the wrong choice. I wanted an automatic, not a Fiat Comfortmatic, preferably a Mercedes or Ford Transit. The new 9 speed Fiat I understand needs specific Fiat computerisation input for a gearbox oil change as does the Comfortmatic - although of course nowadays the fashion for changing gearbox oil has virtually disappeared even if it is necessary for anyone with any mechanical sympathy.
Fast forward to now, and I went to Autotrader and found a slightly different model of Chausson at River Motorhomes near Stratford on Avon. The difference is that this one has two single electric beds which drop down individually. They form a sort-of Y shape like some of the dual single beds you see lengthwise in panel vans. The two occupants upper halves are right adjacent to each other, and then the beds separate so that each person can escape in the night without either having to use a ladder, or having to climb over the other one.
We returned to the dealer that we bought our first one from, SMC in Newark because I found out they had the better model in stock at the same price that we had paid them for the one we have. Same year, same price as we paid, same Ford Auto, same length, same mileage, but a better layout inside. They wanted £15,000 plus ours to change. That was easy to refuse. Today we went to River Motorhomes, and found the one with the Y shaped single beds and the better layout (end bathroom), and a year older than ours. Cost to change: £2,000. Enough said, I think.
River Motorhomes don't have the best web site and when you go there you have no idea how big they are. They operate on a Farm premises, but don't let that put you off. They are a main franchised Chausson dealer and I counted 50 motorhomes there. They do rent them out so they aren't all for sale, but a lot are, and as I have demonstrated the prices are very attractive. If you do go, your Sat Nav might lead you down several one track lanes to the wrong place so it's best to ring for a description. They are off a B road which is absolutely fine.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back