reversing mirror again

backstay

another fine mess i,ve got myself in.The story so far,i bought a plastic bodied rear view mirror.with the help of my partner we stuck it on my rear window ,top dead centre.Two days later i switched the rear wiper on and it fouled the base of the mirror.It took a lot of careful prising to release the mirrors adhesive pad,thought the glass would give at one stage!.Inow find that i can reposition the mirror at an angle away from the arc of the wiper blade at four feet distance. My new problem is ,where can i buy a new heavy duty exterior double sided adhesive pad,i threw away the mirrors packaging!.Owning a camper van is a steep learning curve !!!.Perhaps someone can give a lead as to where i purchase such an adhesive pad,I seem to remember that the packaging said that the adhesive was k3 or something similar.Many thanks to anyone who may be able to help me. Perhaps one day when i have enough van knowledge i may be able to reciprocate,.it maybe of some interest that next week i,m having the wheel arch edges and cills sprayed with a stone guard paint.backstay.

think i would use some pan head stailess self tapping screws .a bit of careful drilling and would look like its suposed to be like it. cheers alan.

You should be able to get double sided 'trim tape' in Halfords. I got some cheap in Aldi.

think i would use some pan head stailess self tapping screws .a bit of careful drilling and would look like its suposed to be like it. cheers alan.

Not sure that would work through glass ... :eek:

is it not the type of mirror bongo,s have on the rear .i assumed it could be screwed into the top bit of frame . 6 inch nails arent anygood ha ha. could just be me thinking dtupid . i do that. cheers alan.

The double sided tape would more than likely to be produced by a company called 3M, K3 is a mountain I beleive. :confused:

ask one of the guy's at a windscreen place they carry them in their van's to put the mirror's back after replacing windscreen's

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back