Retro fit JVC radio to Autocruise Sportstar 2010

• Thread starter Deleted member 31291
  • Start date

Deleted member 31291

Hi All
Been a while!
Fitting a double DIN JVC DAB radio cd to replace original Peugeot unit (second attempt after useless Kenwood unit!). Initial fit without steering wheel patch unit, all fine including leisure 12v feed when ignition off.
When bought separately and added Connect2 patch unit for steering wheel controls, that works fine but lost leisure 12v feed!
There are 2 unused leads/connectors that are obviously Autocruise but can't see where they went, even on original unit (unless I've lost some original bits when I removed it).
Connect2 quite helpful but worried about damaging their unit which is obviously designed for standard Boxer.
Can see possibility of extra switch for leisure circuit once identified a 12v feed. Otherwise will have to use on ignition but Boxer does not seem to have an 'auxiliary' ignition key setting. Not sure how much battery drain that would be if I switch fan off.
Anyone had experience of this?

Simon

Wildebus will probably spot this and comment, he is great with this stuff. If he doesn’t spot it try a message to him

can’t help as when I swapped the ancient head unit in my Sprinter based van it was a straight swap but no steering wheel controls or remotes on mine

The plug to the radio should have a permanent 12v feed and another that only works when the ignition is on. In combination they control how the radio functions. 12v power is alway present but without the ignition feed the radio will not switch on.

JVC KD-G300.gif

The MEMORY terminal is constant 12v and the ACC Line is controlled by the ignition switch. If you isolate the ACC Line from the vehicle and connect the ACC and MEMORY together you should have a radio that stays on all the while. If you want to put a switch in the circuit then you put a diode in the ACC line and connect a 12v line to the other side.

12v ACC ------->|--------- ACC Radio. The >| is the diode but make sure its the right way round. Then connect the ACC terminal on the radio to a switch that has a 12v supply [ MEMORY]. With the switch on the ACC terminal is at 12v and the radio will work. With the switch off the ACC will be controlled via the ignition switch.

All the Connect2 unit does is listen to the CanBus and respond to the SWC. They also sell a unit that controls the radio and provides the ACC Signal if you don't have one. Use a meter on the two spare wires you have and find out what Autocruise have used them for. They maybe the two wire that you need. Without a meter you are stuck or just use a light bulb.

Playing around behind the dash can be fun. I removed the original SatNat / Radio and ran into all sorts of problems when the vehicle went in for a software upgrade. The mileometer started flashing which is the onboard computer telling you its got a fault condition. Because the SatNav had been removed the Fiat System was upset. Without the original SAtNav you could not change the date and time and the SWC would not work. Why should they there was no SatNav. Well there was its just the Fiat software didn't know about it.

After a lot of head scratching and sitting in the cab with the Fiat electronics guy hooked into the Fiat factory computer we finally managed to work out that you have to tell the system it has an aftermarket radio fitted and you do need SWC. Sounds really simple put like that it's just the time finding all the right flags.

Last edited:
The plug to the radio should have a permanent 12v feed and another that only works when the ignition is on. In combination they control how the radio functions. 12v power is alway present but without the ignition feed the radio will not switch on.

View attachment 75839

The MEMORY terminal is constant 12v and the ACC Line is controlled by the ignition switch. If you isolate the ACC Line from the vehicle and connect the ACC and MEMORY together you should have a radio that stays on all the while. If you want to put a switch in the circuit then you put a diode in the ACC line and connect a 12v line to the other side.

12v ACC ------->|--------- ACC Radio. The >| is the diode but make sure its the right way round. Then connect the ACC terminal on the radio to a switch that has a 12v supply [ MEMORY]. With the switch on the ACC terminal is at 12v and the radio will work. With the switch off the ACC will be controlled via the ignition switch.

All the Connect2 unit does is listen to the CanBus and respond to the SWC. They also sell a unit that controls the radio and provides the ACC Signal if you don't have one. Use a meter on the two spare wires you have and find out what Autocruise have used them for. They maybe the two wire that you need. Without a meter you are stuck or just use a light bulb.

Playing around behind the dash can be fun. I removed the original SatNat / Radio and ran into all sorts of problems when the vehicle went in for a software upgrade. The mileometer started flashing which is the onboard computer telling you its got a fault condition. Because the SatNav had been removed the Fiat System was upset. Without the original SAtNav you could not change the date and time and the SWC would not work. Why should they there was no SatNav. Well there was its just the Fiat software didn't know about it.

After a lot of head scratching and sitting in the cab with the Fiat electronics guy hooked into the Fiat factory computer we finally managed to work out that you have to tell the system it has an aftermarket radio fitted and you do need SWC. Sounds really simple put like that it's just the time finding all the right flags.
WOW! Thanks QFour. will investigate further once I have digested your excellent reply!

Oh I had a lot of fun changing the SatNav / Radio. It would seem that the ECU is programmed for the vehicle and it then checks it's got everything connected. If something is missing then you get an error ( Speedometer Flashes ) The little screen on the dash that has a menu for some of the bits you can set does not have the Date / Time menu if you have a Fiat SatNav / Radio as you change the date and time via the radio. This need changing via Fiat Professional who change the flags on the ECU. [ Set flag to User Supplied SatNav ] then the ECU doesn't bother looking for it.

One point I did notice was that you have to be careful which line you drive the SatNav from. As far as I remember the MEMORY line can provide enough power and the ACC line will not.

Hope you get it all working.

The Pilote we had was rewired by the Pilote factory. The SatNav had a direct 12v from the habitation side and also a 12v feed from the vehicle with the ignition on. The two wires ended in two diodes that were joined together and then supplied the SatNav. It meant that the radio could be turned on at anytime and just used power from whichever circuit was live. I think I still have it in the shed if it's of any use but easy enough to make one out of a couple of decent sized diodes.

Last edited:

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back