Responce times for wheel change

Only needed to call them out once & that was in Wales late Friday afternoon in November so didn’t expect a quick response. I was parked in a pub carpark overnight anyway. AA arrived in just over 1 hour and had the wheel changed very quickly despite struggling with the crap quality Ford locking wheel nut which didn’t want to come off. Locking wheel nuts disposed of now

Talk about coincidence, read this thread and commented.

A week later we went to Cumbria with the return planned for this morning.
Yesterday we were on the pitch having a coffee in the only sunshine we had seen in a week when a lady passerby informed us we had a flat.:(

Remembering my own advice I phoned the RAC, this is what happened.

16:30 Phoned RAC, answered within 30 seconds spoke to a very helpful chap and answered all his questioned but after 5 minutes we just lost the connection on the mobile.

16:40 Checked signal levels on various phones, decided the one we had used was the best so tried again.

16:41 Phoned RAC a second time and spoke to an unhelpful lady. After we mentioned the word "motorhome" she said we had called the wrong number (despite it being on our C&C Arrival membership cards) and we needed commercial department because we are an HGV. WE tried to explain that we are not HGV and are under 3.5t. She insisted on transferring us to the commercial department and put us on hold.

17:15 Having been on hold for half an hour we got though to commercial. By now the sun had gone away and we in the midst of gales and a biblical rain storm.
Gave all our details to a nice young lady who explained that we were NOT commercial and they could not help. She said she would transfer us back to the original department and that whatever they said we must not let them sent us to commercial again.

17:25 After being on hold for under a minute we spoke with a third member of the original department. He asked all the same questions and got all the same answers. Once again the magic word "motorhome" caused him to say he would transfer us to commercial. "NO, NO NO!" we yelled and explained we had been there before. We asked to speak to his supervisor and he said he would put us on hold while he spoke with his supervisor. After less than a minute he was back on he line saying he would be taking responsibility for the incident. However, the extreme weather meant that every patrol was deployed and they were using Patrols from nearby area. We would receive texts to notify us what was happening.

17:25 - 19:30 Lots of texts.x all quoting various ETAs

19:35 Phone call from Patrol man giving an ETA of 20:20
20:01 Patrol man arrives. I point out the flat and the large screw which I believe may be the cause.
He removes the screw and attempts a plug repair. Plug doesn't fix it.
Between us we remove the underslung spare and he fit is and replaces the damaged tyre in the carrier.
20:30 Patrol leaves. Four hours after the first call

The point of this post is that I believe Karma intervened and that I got the flat because I responded to this thread.

So my question is "How long after the draw does it take for Lotto to contact £1 million winners?

Talk about coincidence, read this thread and commented.

A week later we went to Cumbria with the return planned for this morning.
Yesterday we were on the pitch having a coffee in the only sunshine we had seen in a week when a lady passerby informed us we had a flat.:(

Remembering my own advice I phoned the RAC, this is what happened.
Thanks every one for your replys
This reply and the others about sums up what I expected and if theres time to spare I'd wait for breakdown services. Any doubts an I'd make a start myself just hoping they'd arrive in time to take over

16:41 Phoned RAC a second time and spoke to an unhelpful lady. After we mentioned the word "motorhome" she said we had called the wrong number (despite it being on our C&C Arrival membership cards) and we needed commercial department because we are an HGV. WE tried to explain that we are not HGV and are under 3.5t. She insisted on transferring us to the commercial department and put us on hold.
One thing I've learnt when getting 'unhelpful' people on the phone is to take their name so you can ensure they get 'the correct training'.

I remember putting in a complaint after my poor experience with their call handlers and response times but after 8 weeks I got a reply saying it was not upheld. Quelle surprise....

Back