Replacing old style bulbs with LED

• Thread starter Deleted member 967
  • Start date

Deleted member 967

Another question gentlemen

Can you replace the old style 5w 10w 21w bayonet tail light bulbs with LED lights.

My hymer is 1992 vintage and has this type of bulb throughout.

If so can you suggest a supplier. All I have seen are replacements for Halogen lights

I would echo Vera`s advice on the roller blind clip issue. Phone Oleary`s as what they do not know is`nt worth knowing. They used to convert vans but I don`t think they do anymore.

Their prices are usually a lot cheaper as well.

Best of luck.

Thank you Pioneer

Is there an equivalent chart anywhere that compares the old bulb to the new one?

The “207 5-LED bright white 12v ba15s 40Ma” looks to be OK as a replacement for the 10w of which I have 5 in the toilet light

So many of them are quoted as Flasher Bulbs, which I assume is the equivalent of 21w, would the larger number of LEDs fit in a spotlight that takes a 21w bulb?

I may consider changing all of the bulbs in the parking lights as being just over 3.5 tons (3600KG) I need to leave lights on when stopped in a lay-by on roads with a limit of over 30mph I believe. Is the 207 above suitable for this purpose?

Another question gentlemen

Can you replace the old style 5w 10w 21w bayonet tail light bulbs with LED lights.

My hymer is 1992 vintage and has this type of bulb throughout.

If so can you suggest a supplier. All I have seen are replacements for Halogen lights

Hi John,
I to have a 'vintage' camper. Changed my bayonet glow bulbs for halogens years ago (only had to put porcelain 2-pin sockets in the place).
Last year I swappet the halogens for 2 pin LED's. Only then the LED's where blueinsh :confused:. Nowadays they have warmer white ones. I only have to wait till the blueish LED's have gone, - with a lifetime of 20 years - :eek: I hope to survive it. ;):D

Hi John,
can I suggest that you use the "contact us" from the website, and ask them for the information required.
You may as well get all the specifications from them before you buy, or could be expensive error.
I think the 5 led bulbs would be a little to small in the bathroom, I am using 15led bulbs and they are about right, 18 led bulbs for the living area.
Regards,
Bill.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back