Remoska easy cake recipe please

Clunegapyears

Could anyone share with me a simple cake recipe for cooking in the Romska please. Needs to be quite simple ingredients, as won’t get anything unusual here in Turkey. David and Karen, theGreyGappers.com, and us are regularly stopping for coffee after doing lots of chores… We need Kaffee and Kuchen. Thanks.

Try this one.easter coming up ....nice with a coffee?

First cake, well strawberry shortcake. And it even came out of the tin in one piece. Boules later and afternoon tea with Karen and David (fellow detainees Prison in Paradise).
33158511-8C08-4C1C-AEA9-B486C69F3498.jpeg
480FE161-F8C4-4AA4-9219-02CF77B888B3.png

simplest ,easiest recipe is Victoria sponge cake
6oz s/r flour
6oz butter or marg
6oz sugar
6oz eggs [each egg is near enough 2oz , so 3 eggs ]
put everything in a bowl and mix till smooth and creamy.
cook about gas 4-5 till a knife stuck in it comes out clean

this mixture makes a lovely lemon drizzle cake, add zest of a lemon before mixing and pour the juice mixed wit sugar over it just after removing from oven
or add coconut
or mixed fruit
or any of them and make cupcakes
or cook in a flat pan and smother in jam and coconut
or even make into a Vicky sponge

Banana cake today. Thirds were consumed by Prisoners in Paradise.

Any ideas how to stop cakes sinking in the middle? Is it using the Remoska... no idea of cooking times so having to lift the lid to see.

Any ideas how to stop cakes sinking in the middle? Is it using the Remoska... no idea of cooking times so having to lift the lid to see.
Opening the oven door will do it so very likely lifting the lid is your problem mrs witz

Have you the glass in the lid type? Can only buy 3 bananas at a time here so they don't last long enough to become cake mix

Last edited:

Julie often makes banana cake, in fact she made one just the other day.

It is delicious spread with a little butter, drizzled with Tahini, a little honey and a little sea salt.

Tahini, salt and honey sounds really good, even without banana cake! On yogurt?

Remoska doesn't have a window and even if it did, I'd have to use foil to stop the top burning. If I repeat the same cake, I will have a better idea of cooking time in the Remoska.

All the fruit and veg is now bagged in the market ... can't buy as little as 3 of anything ... just a huge bag! Hence the apple cake and banana cake ... gotta use the fruit up. Aubergine cake recipe anyone? ... wanted 2 aubergine ... had to buy a bag and have 5 left!!

Last edited:

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back