Re Water & Boiler

is it a truma?

I think you have a Truma heating system similar to the one I had on my last hymer. I'm no expert but until one comes along here goes, from memory, you probably have a dial to regulate the heating temperature which was turned too low to make the heating work, ie, it was already that warm in the van, when you turned it up the blower worked, sounds fine. There is a symbol on the slide swich with a furnace symbol,thats to do the heating,its on a thermostat so it will come on and off on its own . You might have a choice of 60o or 40o on another slide switch,this is lika a choice for Summer/Winter as both are hot enough for showering. Yo don't need to drain down the hot water tank it fills automatically from the cold tank constantly,if its in the wardrobe you will see a drain valve (Ithink mine was red) which you push down to drain, this can often drop down on its own accord and lose all your water so put a strong spring peg round it to stop its descent. I thhink insulation is the problem with these and you're best taking your showers sooner than later as it does cool off quite quickly. I had 2 x 110 batteries so cann't help there but I never had a problem as I think the blower fan uses little power.I had 2 big panels on the roof which were really pretty useless outside the Summer Months so on my present van I have a Gasparini 12volt genny which tops the batteries up when required and runs on LPG. For what its worth Hymer are the best you can buy in my humble opinion, good luck,rog I 'think' it holds about 10litres.

Last edited:
Hi, thankyou for reply. So if I had left it down on winter, and put temp up more, the Blower for heating would, or should have kicked in?
Kind Regards
Julie

Hi, thankyou for reply. So if I had left it down on winter, and put temp up more, the Blower for heating would, or should have kicked in?
Kind Regards
Julie

In your van you have a room stat mine is by my control panel I have a CI cipro it possibly looks like a black button:)

Hot water tank maybe auto dump, if it is when the power leisure battery is disconnected it will empty also only when stationary:eek:. Also there maybe a
safety temperature feature if the water is below 5 degrees the tank will empty
well that happens on my system. Hope this helps.

Model Hymer B544 1996
50 Watt BP Solar. One 110 amp Leisure Battery. Inverter.

Hi All
We tried out several things today on our Hymer, still parked on the drive at Home. Now I have a few questions to ask?
I filled fresh water tank up. Shut the two drain taps under sink unit off. Opened all taps to get air out. Put thermostat onto bottom shower symbol. All was ok, got hot water, I then tried to get hot air blower on, to see if heating was ok. At first I could not get it to work, so I tried putting thermostat symbol to top, it then started to blow the air out hot. I thought you had these two symbols for top, water, bottom, water & heating.
So my question to above is, If bottom symbol is for water & heating, why do I have to put it back to top symbol to get the hot air blowing out?

Next question: When filling fresh water tank, then you have to fill boiler, can you then top up fresh water tank, so you have full boiler, and full fresh water tank?

Next question: Does the boiler system work like the one in your home. Meaning, as I use the hot water, does it fill automatic from the fresh water tank?
So if I have used some hot water in the day, then take a quick!! Shower, can I get caught out, and it runs cold?

Next question: It seems a waste to empty the hot water from boiler, when draining down. Can I keep the hot water in the Boiler to use later? I know I cannot if leaving the van for couple of weeks, due to frost, but is it ok in the summer?
How much water does the boiler hold?
When Wild camping, what would the drain on 110 amp be, while using the hot water/heating system?

Sorry for so many questions. I really appreciate all your help, and advice.

Kind Regards
Julie
mine is in the top position for heating and hot water bottom for hot water only. we were away the weekend only wilded one night but had the heating on full as was really cold out battery coped no problem, the water stays hot for a while and yes you can use it later have done so an hour or so after turning it off it stays warm for quite a while. and yes it fills from the fresh as you use it:D

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back