radio ariel

robert b

is it possible to connect my radio to the roof ariel. its an omni directional dome type ariel.

The dome type have an electronic booster box which has a radio output, but needs to be switched on which is the only reason I haven't done the same. It would be a pain having to walk down the back and switch it on EVERY time you drive off. If you re-wired the feed to ignition fed then the TV wouldn't work when parked up with no ignition on!

I would be VERY interested to know if you get round this problem as the Fiat boosted aerial hidden in the O/S door mirror is crap!

fiat aerial

I agree that the fiat one is pretty poor,

anyone else got a good alternative?

weez
Tony

a bit off thread , mabey but i may be a bit confused too:eek::D:confused::confused:when tv broadcasts is only in digital will car radio be affected :confused: or will we need some kind of d.a.b radio fitted in our motors after all if they are stopping analogue broadcst it may affect radio as well :confused::confused::confused::confused::confused:

a bit off thread , mabey but i may be a bit confused too:eek::D:confused::confused:when tv broadcasts is only in digital will car radio be affected :confused: or will we need some kind of d.a.b radio fitted in our motors after all if they are stopping analogue broadcst it may affect radio as well :confused::confused::confused::confused::confused:

In a word yes but don't panic analouge transmissions will continue for 10 years or so by which time car d.a.b. radios should be as low as d.a.b. radios for the home,Andy.

thats good had my car radio and cassette player for a few years now dont want to replace it got rather attached to it :D:D

thats good had my car radio and cassette player for a few years now dont want to replace it got rather attached to it :D:D

You have a cassette:p i was thinking about splashing out on one of those new 8 track cartridges:D;)oh how times have changed

At least Mandrake stays warm huddled round his radio valves!!! Aah the warming glow on a winters night!!

radio

Was more fun with the cats whiskers and earphones:D:D

weez
Tony

Was more fun with the cats whiskers and earphones:D:D

weez
Tony

just replaced mine with the cassete player wonderful thing technology!!!!! bet someone will invent something to play a funny silver disc thingy soon :D:D:D they will never catch on

gadgets

Was that a heliograph by any chance:D

Weez
Tony

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back