quite!!!!!!!

Hi
I thought perhaps everyone is out in their vans.
I don't think I'd like to go in August though, too busy, especially in France.
The boy was with 5 others on the carpark next to the Aire in Calais!!!!!
Only had the van 3 weeks and have been on this very steep learning curve, forums like this soooooo useful.
Had to let the son and partner take the camper out before we do cos she's a teacher, but have done nothing but worry about it. Still he's doing the test drive for us, so we'll look on the bright side and do a month in France when the youngsters are back in school and try these fantastic sounding Aires out. Can't wait.
Take care
Gill
:D :D :D :D

yes iv noticed too pappaj....lots are logging in but not posting:( ...used to be a lively site...with the banter flowing,maybe people fed up with the weather..:eek: sammx

gillr49 said:
Hi
I thought perhaps everyone is out in their vans.
I don't think I'd like to go in August though, too busy, especially in France.
The boy was with 5 others on the carpark next to the Aire in Calais!!!!!
Only had the van 3 weeks and have been on this very steep learning curve, forums like this soooooo useful.
Had to let the son and partner take the camper out before we do cos she's a teacher, but have done nothing but worry about it. Still he's doing the test drive for us, so we'll look on the bright side and do a month in France when the youngsters are back in school and try these fantastic sounding Aires out. Can't wait.
Take care
Gill
:D :D :D :D

go for it Gill. we passed thru france onroute to spain last sept and found it quite and relaxing at that time of year, all the germans had gone home :D :D
if you get fed up with aires just look/ask for the municipal campsites in most towns and villages but dont expect any nightlife other than maybe a bar/restaurant in the villages. as soon as it gets dark they all disappear indoors.:confused: :confused:
have fun.

john.

ps... if she wasn't a teacher would you have said no...

Definitely would have said no if they could have made it at any other time John.
We had 2 hours handover time (they live in Manchester) not long to tell them everything, so I wrote down as much as possible, obviously not enough, hence the frightening texts!!!
Although in a way I envy them their trip. After Eurodisney they are off to Luxembourg and then to Berlin to visit the Brandenburg Gate etc. then a visit to 2 concentration camps, finiahing in Amsterdam to visit the Anne Frank House.
Interesting journey, just a bit too organised for me. Aires and Municipals, whereever the fancy takes, probably down the east to the Jura,across to the Dordogne and a few days in Paris to finish.
I'll be so pleased to see the van back on our drive/:D :D :D :D
Gill

sound like a very good trip for a first time. but did you say your thinking of PARIS. i'm starting to shake already.:eek: :eek:
we took a wrong turn on the perifique and got lost for 1.5 hrs in the suburbs at rush(read as MAD) hour. vowed NEVER to go back, ever,ever.:eek:
only a madman/frenchman drives in paris.......but the rest of the trip sound fun.
envious of the boy going to berlin as we were going to germany last month but had to cancell due to unforseen idiot backing out of my house sale :mad: anyway have fun and keep posting.

john

Last edited:

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back