Quick question :-)

sinner

Hi guys, just heading towards marocco and I have a question 🙂

I will need to get insurance at the border but my own Insurance is up for renewal two days after I arrive in Morocco, am I right in thinking I don’t need to renew and just renew when I’m about to leave Morocco ?

Anyhoooooooooo, and I may not be correct, I cant see you requiring EU/UK insurance until you land back to EU land?

Edit, unless something happens Alan, I would think it would be easier making a hypothetical claim with your UK insurer than a Maroc insurer.

Hi guys, just heading towards marocco and I have a question 🙂

I will need to get insurance at the border but my own Insurance is up for renewal two days after I arrive in Morocco, am I right in thinking I don’t need to renew and just renew when I’m about to leave Morocco ?
You may well be right, but it may be worth checking with your insurance company to see if they can get cover for Morocco.

FWIW, my insurance covered Morocco, saved faffing around over there and was fully comp cover too, bonus.

I would talk to your insurer who might be able to issue you a green card to maintain fl cover as I believe (?) Border cover may only be third party. Also be aware that your UK renewal invitation may lapse if not taken up within a certain time. That might cause you problems on returning to uk.

Anyhoooooooooo, and I may not be correct, I cant see you requiring EU/UK insurance until you land back to EU land?

Edit, unless something happens Alan, I would think it would be easier making a hypothetical claim with your UK insurer than a Maroc insurer.
Would be no point in claim uk insurance as I won’t be covered in Morocco :-( and the border insurance is only 3rd party

Shemagh is the only insurance you will require while in Moroc Alan. I would have let you borrow my one, to late now though, as your on the road.

Moi dressed up for a fancy dress party, I went as Terry-Bin-Laddie. :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

Terry-Bin-Laddie.JPG

It’s been awhile but I used to use AXA, but also used to have to buy a worthless piece of paper in Tangiers from a local “official”

There used to be a company in Tarifa that sold insurance for Morocco, but I’m going back some years and tbh I was always sceptical.

Back