pump problem

Belgian

My waterpump is running but not pumping (running dry). I allways drain the whole system before winter (MH sleeps outside).And yes I filled it up again. It is one of these Fiamma pumps. Did any one had ever the same problem ? I hate to take it apart to check the diaphragms. :mad:
Does it harm to let water in the system during winter and only drain the boiler ? :confused:
Advise would be helpfull :confused:

We used to get this problem in one of our old vans, the pump would work ok as soon as it got water in it, but wouldn't pump from dry. I used to open a cold tap and suck on it, to pull the first bit of water into the pump.

AndyC

We used to get this problem in one of our old vans, the pump would work ok as soon as it got water in it, but wouldn't pump from dry. I used to open a cold tap and suck on it, to pull the first bit of water into the pump.

AndyC
I had that problem with my old van had to do the same thing, it was self priming and after a while it packed up the diaphragm was damaged.

I thought that although I have drained the water tanks there is always some water left in the pump and in pipes some low level ones.

All ways worried what if the pump packed in what would I do, so I think i will invest in a replacement and take it with me:D Mind you then i have got to try to swap it over:eek::eek:

sucking

Thanks fellows.
Sucking was a good idea.:) Had to chase my wife first: she tried to make a picture when I was sucking at the tap. :eek: But it worked :) (sucking I mean) Don't call me sucker now :rolleyes:
Thanks again for the prompt and good advice...

'wild sucker'

Thanks fellows.
Sucking was a good idea.:) Had to chase my wife first: she tried to make a picture when I was sucking at the tap. :eek: But it worked :) (sucking I mean) Don't call me sucker now :rolleyes:
Thanks again for the prompt and good advice...

'wild sucker'

Hey did wine come out the tap Belgian ;)
Lets hope it was only an air lock as i said in my previous post mine stoped working permanently after few months of sucking the tap:eek:
LOL your wife should have made the picture and posted it on here:D
Nooooooo way !!! :eek:
The wine is not a bad idea :confused: I allways wondered why the templars went so wrong:
'Si je meurs, je veut qu'on m'enterre dans une cave, ou il y a du bon vin. Et les pieds contre la muraille et la gueule sous le robinet'
What an end; and no tap sucking needed :rolleyes: LOL

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back