pubs !!!

Belgian

Thank you admin for this new column :)
This will be most welcome.
Now fellows have this filled up (the thread I mean ;)).
At least you will have one belgian saved dieing of thirst when he comes over. :D Bless you all ;)
Should it be only for pubs ? Could it be expanded to others who have a spot to accomodate MH-ers ?
I'm thinking of farmers, restaurants, garden-shops, distillelleries :D, MH or caravan retailers, general stores (Ikea does it in Sweden), supermarkets (Tesco?).... in fact every-one who has an appropiate parking lot.
Or am I jumping too far ? :confused:

Hi Belgian,
Its me again. Slow down mate, we have an old saying "Walk before you run". The ball is, hopefully rolling, one step at a time and I am sure we will arrive at where you want to be.

Tesco (supermarket)

The general ruling for Tesco is that they have no problem with motor homes "parked up" for the night IF the following is observed:

- Park in a discreet corner of the car park - i.e., not right outside the front door, blocking others!

- Do not set up BBQ and picnic tables! This also applies to chairs etc.

- If there is more than 2 at any one time they start to worry

- Never leave anything behind; including water on the tarmac because non-campers think it is from the loo. Seriously!

- Only stay one night.

If you follow the above rules you should be ok at most branches of Tesco. If you do some shopping before you leave, it would be a nice gesture to mention to the manager, who you are, and thank him for the use of the car park. (Although sometimes he probably wasn't even aware you were out there!) If he sees you are a customer in his store it could encourage him to keep letting us stay overnight!

Don

You're so right Don,
I jumped before my time:eek:. Let's watch how the things are working out.If the pubs will do, I'll have enough to come around in Britain :D
Nevertheless your Tesco ad is precious, thanks.
Schol :eek:(sorry: greetings)
Leo

You're so right Don,
I jumped before my time:eek:. Let's watch how the things are working out.If the pubs will do, I'll have enough to come around in Britain :D
Nevertheless your Tesco ad is precious, thanks.
Schol :eek:(sorry: greetings)
Leo

Not doing too well is it, only one listing :confused:.

Never mind.

Don

Hi Belgian,
Its me again. Slow down mate, we have an old saying "Walk before you run". The ball is, hopefully rolling, one step at a time and I am sure we will arrive at where you want to be.

Tesco (supermarket)

The general ruling for Tesco is that they have no problem with motor homes "parked up" for the night IF the following is observed:

- Park in a discreet corner of the car park - i.e., not right outside the front door, blocking others!

- Do not set up BBQ and picnic tables! This also applies to chairs etc.

- If there is more than 2 at any one time they start to worry

- Never leave anything behind; including water on the tarmac because non-campers think it is from the loo. Seriously!

- Only stay one night.

If you follow the above rules you should be ok at most branches of Tesco. If you do some shopping before you leave, it would be a nice gesture to mention to the manager, who you are, and thank him for the use of the car park. (Although sometimes he probably wasn't even aware you were out there!) If he sees you are a customer in his store it could encourage him to keep letting us stay overnight!

Don
a lot of tescos now have signs posted declaring a 3 hour limit and 70 quid parking charge if you exceed that, this is enforced by number plate reading cameras as you enter. so if you feel like trying this might i suggest that first you ask the store manager if it would be ok otherwise you may get charged even more than a campsite

I was at a small dealers today and I asked him if he wildcamped?
His answer was that he always overnights at pubs and asks if he can stay before ordering a meal and he has never been refused:D
That is the way to go I think;)

???

Stumbled over a site today:
http://www.pubcamping.co.uk/home/
Didn't look at it deeply yet. Most of it seems to be agreed CL CS campings. Not exactly my idea of 'wilding' .Some prices are going up to 20£ ! :mad:
So I don't fear the 'competition' :D
But have a look and tell us what you think :confused:
Belgian

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back