Problems with Nordelecttronica Battery Chargers on Swift Vans?

The Meerkat

Problems with Nordelecttronica Battery Chargers on my camper?

I am posting on behalf of my friend who is not the most up to date with the world wide interweb

He has just purchased a new camper, he hasn’t had it away on holiday yet and the battery charger has stopped working no output either to charge the battery or power the 12v electrics, actually rather than charging, it flattened the battery totally

Has anyone else encountered these problems – the unit is manufactured by a brand Nordelecttronica – anyone heard from them? Or encountered the same problem?

I am not sure if the unit can fixed by myself or this may be a common design issue with the charger?

Any advice or related incidents will be most welcome

MK

Last edited:
Hi meerkat, had a similiar prob 18 months ago on my Hymer, different unit to yours, but you,ll find inside them a small cartridge fuse(2amps) which protects the components in the control unit. Thats usually all it is. But agree with *****, it shouldnt have really worn out on a new van, so dont invalidate your warranty. You have to get inside the unit to replace.....Bob

Many thanks guys, my friend took the van back to the dealer and got it replaced under warranty turns out their was a batch problem with the chargers and I believe all has been sorted

Has anyone had any experience of the below chargers and know if they are any good?

Chargers

Many thanks guys, my friend took the van back to the dealer and got it replaced under warranty turns out their was a batch problem with the chargers and I believe all has been sorted

Has anyone had any experience of the below chargers and know if they are any good?

Chargers

Found the same chargers here on E-Bay if anyone one is still on the hunt

Amperor Battery Chargers

MK

meerkat

Glad you got it sorted ,there was a bad batch of transformers, they were blowing ,on some of the swifts and bessys.

Thanks guys, my friend got it replaced under warranty adn I myself purchased the Amperor charger to replace my dated bonus one :)

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back