POWYS has let me down

Moonraker 2

In the early days of my travels ( about 8 years ago) I discovered to my delight that Powys council allowed overnight in all it's car parks unlike most of England. Free overnight then a couple of pounds for the day. I used to tell everyone with a camper.
They have now changed the pricing and although overnight is still free, it ends at 8am, the day pricing is silly. Motor homes have to pay £8 for the day, whether you stay one hour or more. I can't function before 8 and used to hop out the van and pop a pound in to give me an extra hour or so.
Sadly councils are all treating car parking as a main source of income.

In the early days of my travels ( about 8 years ago) I discovered to my delight that Powys council allowed overnight in all it's car parks unlike most of England. Free overnight then a couple of pounds for the day. I used to tell everyone with a camper.
They have now changed the pricing and although overnight is still free, it ends at 8am, the day pricing is silly. Motor homes have to pay £8 for the day, whether you stay one hour or more. I can't function before 8 and used to hop out the van and pop a pound in to give me an extra hour or so.
£8 a day and overnight for free ....

And you think that's unfair ?

Head to the nearest campsite then .

5 AM first parade.
first parade.jpg

Seems fair enough to me.

AFAIK the minimum daytime charge is £5, or at least for the car parks I've seen. This means overnight for free is great, but if you want to nip into car park for a short daytime visit is very expensive, twice the minimum charge of Cornwall.

We , as a group , have lots of justifiable complaints.
This doesn't sound like one to me

Not really as I also have a Blue Badge but I would never dream of using it to grab a freebie overnight in my Motorhomo. 😎
Grabbing a freebie :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Parking there was free day or night with a BB, the carpark was large & empty from about 7pm so I wasn't taking a space from anyone, there were four other BB spaces and only one got used that we noticed, we only did one night anyway as we were eating out for a change, I did ask a warden if it was a problem to stay overnight and it seems others had before so no problem, & that was actually in wales a couple of years ago.

Grabbing a freebie :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Parking there was free day or night with a BB, the carpark was large & empty from about 7pm so I wasn't taking a space from anyone, there were four other BB spaces and only one got used that we noticed, we only did one night anyway as we were eating out for a change, I did ask a warden if it was a problem to stay overnight and it seems others had before so no problem, & that was actually in wales a couple of years ago.

You're too easy Kev. 😂

Back