Power

despite my post I have noticed it..that thing in the corner..and I am 5 nights and two weekends into camper vans... a life under canvas often using a motorbike is hard to forget :)

I know the feeling, although I don't miss the camping as much as the bike :) I'm just getting a towbar made to take the bike with us.

Regards,
Del

I'm just getting a towbar made to take the bike with us.Regards, Del

Check to be certain but I remember reading something about towbars having to have a CE mark now to pass MOT so making one may not be acceptable now

20160828_110709.jpg

Still do that.Would be hard to stop.
Somewhere on the west coast last Sept bank holiday.

or is that 1998?
Towbar Legislation Car Tow Bars Regulations Law Commercial Standards

"...all light passenger vehicles registered on or after 1st August 1998 require a type approved towbar tested to EC94/20 and towball with suitable D&S value."

Quote from my Link:
"Yes, it is finally here. From April 2012 all motorhomes sold in the UK must have EC Whole Vehicle Type Approval; or for manufacturers selling only in the UK, National Small Series Type Approval or Individual Vehicle Approval."
The fact that it refers to motorhomes is the key for me and as mine is a 1996 I'm clear on your link as well :D

I've just checked with two of my local MOT centres and they both said that ALL towbars and their electrics are part of the MOT, they are inspected for damage, corrosion (specifically the mounting points), the electrics are also checked for mounting etc. But no approval sticker has to be in place for any year of manufacture.

Regards,
Del

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back