Portugal or Spain and where to stay for the winter

10para

Hi anyone I'm looking to get away for the winter but am undecided on whether to drive too Portugal or Spain ?

I'll have 6/8 weeks away so had anyone any recommendations on which country and any great campsites beachside to stay?

We use aires or wild camp rather than campsites, however it is becoming more difficult to wild camp at the beach. The weather is one of the deciding factors as to where we go. I personally prefer Portugal there are some lovely places inland from the Algarve. Fuel is cheaper in Spain but we find most other stuff cheaper in Portugal. Have a look at the Spain/Portugal where are you thread plenty of suggestions on there.

Choice

Hi, I would do both, as we have, then decide for yourself. That thread referred to above mentions lots of inland Portugal/Spain that sounds great..but then the costas in Spain usually wins on the warmth front. We tend to alternate between the two. Have fun !! Maja07

As a full member, you have paid for the POIs
Try avoiding the bleeding obvious.
Leaving some slack in the planning so that you can take off and follow tips from people you meet while down there.
The thread is ... Spain/ Portugal, where are you, on the European travel forum.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back