Portsmouth to Bilbao 3rd December

Whats CU1 , unlessmI'm doing something wrong those coordinates put me in the channel off dungeness

You obviously didn’t put the minus symbol (-) before the second figure.

Last edited:
Pesky co ordinates they drive me to despair! :mad1:

Carol, for your Garmin, if you put N before the first figure & W (instead of the minus symbol) before the second figure, you can’t go wrong.

The minus symbol denotes west of the Greenwich Meridian Line which is “0”, on the other side of this you would obviously put in the “E”

We were booked on this crossing and the ticket cost is no more, but it means two nights on the ferry and the need to spend more money in the not cheap restaurants!
That is unless you want to be a miser and take sandwiches etc!

You don't have to be a miser & take sandwiches, also you needn't eat the mediocre food in the restaurants.

In each restaurant there is a microwave provided for passengers, lorry-drivers use it, as do parents heating up baby food etc.

We buy a M&S dinner for two (inc wine) & heat it in said ovens. We normally get envious glances & comments like "Why didn't we think of that".

Earlier this year we took a Tesco curry, it was surprisingly good.

We do buy the breakfast though, it's not bad & you eat as much as you like, sets one up for the journey south.

You don't have to be a miser & take sandwiches, also you needn't eat the mediocre food in the restaurants.

In each restaurant there is a microwave provided for passengers, lorry-drivers use it, as do parents heating up baby food etc.

We buy a M&S dinner for two (inc wine) & heat it in said ovens. We normally get envious glances & comments like "Why didn't we think of that".

Earlier this year we took a Tesco curry, it was surprisingly good.

We do buy the breakfast though, it's not bad & you eat as much as you like, sets one up for the journey south.

Sounds great does all this apply to BF economy ferry to santander baie de seine

I think you will find the microwave is provided for patrons of the restaurant or cafe to heat their food as often it cools down in the que when self service ?
Do you use their cutlery,condiments and wine glasses too ?

Surely not! Re the microwave to reheat bought food...

Sounds great does all this apply to BF economy ferry to santander baie de seine

That’s the one we use, after last Xmas we wandered into the BF office at Poole port where a helpful chap found us a crossing for £287 in mid Jan, £40 cheaper than the year before when I booked online.

Shows you can get a calm crossing even in Winter. I dread Going over then because of that. What's it like on the other side?

Shows you can get a calm crossing even in Winter. I dread Going over then because of that. What's it like on the other side?

I went over early January and it was like a mill pond. Went one year in July and it was hellish!

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back