Portsmouth clean air zone

Don't think the Ferry Terminal is in the LEZ [no warning signs displayed in April 2024], and we checked with the Security Team at Port Solent for the Free Overnight Parking that the journey from the Terminal doesn't touch the LEZ either

Steve

Me too

1719644051109.png

I may be wring, but I think I read on MMM if your van is over 3.5t and non compliant some were charged.
This article states cars are exempt, but not HGVs, I would check.

I think it is scandalous that Motorhomes are not excluded as they are private vehicles the same as cars.
The 2.3 Ducato engine has very high emissions, way above what it is supposed to be, the Germans informed the Italians that they believe it had a cheat devise, then it went very quiet, this was around time that IMO Fiat was on brink of collapse, and the knock on from that might have taken down the Euro.

I have been checking British cities with clean air zones. I knew Portsmouth had introduced this but did not realise that it included the ferry terminals. Check the map.
Your comments appreciated on how to avoid a charge.
It occurs to me that the actual ferries are extremely polluting.
The CAZ does not include the direct access to the Continental Ferryport from the north via M27, M275 or A3. A2047 from north is probably also OK.

The 2.3 Ducato engine has very high emissions, way above what it is supposed to be, the Germans informed the Italians that they believe it had a cheat devise, then it went very quiet, this was around time that IMO Fiat was on brink of collapse, and the knock on from that might have taken down the Euro.
Don't think that IF Fiat had failed, it would have taken down the €; it may have come under pressure in the Financial Markets, but the ECB would have been able to manage the problem by using Quantitative Easing and issuing long term Bonds; the Germans [described by the then HSBC Chief Economist around the time of the PIIGS economies crises as 'economic illiterates'] would have needed to be dragged into the 21st Century and have relxed their obsession with debt management and the historical/hysterical fear of hyperinflation, but, if pressed, they could have done it. After all, the EU/ECB/IMF and the major Central Banks saw the financial pressure of the COVID pandemic off without too many long term problems, not least because there was a global approach to boosting liquidity, and relaxing the traditional financial rules to ensure that countries and citizens kept faith with the financial systems until 'normal service' could be resumed ...

Steve

I bloody hope not, the Bradford one is crackers, shaped like knob too, as a resident I applied for an exemption and I had to state how often I would drive in it per year, I said 12 and I drive in every so often just for the hell of it but it is getting more difficult, bloody road works are killing the place and most of it looks to going pedestrians only.

I bloody hope not, the Bradford one is crackers, shaped like knob too, as a resident I applied for an exemption and I had to state how often I would drive in it per year, I said 12 and I drive in every so often just for the hell of it but it is getting more difficult, bloody road works are killing the place and most of it looks to going pedestrians only.
It is not in the Manifesto but they would not lie ....... would they?

Not wanting to be ploitical, but we might go Blue again this time as that is what the local bloke is and he's been really good for the town against the Red run Bradford, he wants to get us away from them for good, Home rule for Keighley would be great, Shame there isn't a Purple option as Red/Blue are both the same imho.

Back