Portaloo for toilet waste?

DocHoliday

Just taking a straw poll here: do you think it's okay to empty the contents of a toilet cassette (no chemicals, SOG fitted) into a rural portaloo? (That's down the toilet of the portaloo, not just inside the door:D)

Doc

My thinking on this one is simple. We too have a SOG fitted...all that is going down the pan, is nothing more than what would go down if you were sat on it !! :rolleyes: Not quite sure what you mean about a rural portaloo?? do you mean a cesspit toilet..or do you mean one of these loos that get brought to country shows etc. They are in fact chemical toilets.
I have no qualms in emptying our cassestte down any ordinary toilet, wherever it is...we just try to be discreet, and VERY careful not to leave any sort of trace that we were ever there.
For what its worth, we also bought a spare casssette that we carry in case we ever have a problem in finding a suitable emptying point.

Jackie ;)

By rural I simply meant an ordinary portaloo that is situated at a beauty spot, and gets little use. My main worry is overwhelming it - they don't usually get 15 litres in one go! How much capacity do they have, anyway - 50 litres??

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back