Portable diesel heater for minicamper

Tezzared

Free Member
I am looking for ideas on heating my minicamper, I have a peugeot partner tepee and would like anyones opinions on how to heat it in the winter. I have a leisure battery that I am about to install with the help of a friend but not sure which is the best option for a heater, as I got cold last winter and couldn't sleep. I would also like the easiest setup as I am trying to do things on my own. Thanks in advance.

Many on here have used inexpensive diesel heaters so I am sure somebody will advise before long.

2 kw diesel night heater with a thermostat, you can either tap into van fuel tank or fit a extra small tank and run the heater on 28 central heating oil which is a lot less money, make sure you fit a moderen battery and not an old lead acid, better a lead carbon if you are.
night h a.jpg
night h b.jpg
night h c.jpg

There are portable versions of the Chinese diesel heaters shown above, they maybe more suitable for your situation.

All depends on you insulation. The candle jars work for me .when on my own in van.

My long wheel base has 5kw cdh. But can't regulate so by 3 am it's over 26 degrees. In van. If left on.

For about £100 you can get extra addons to automatically turn on off at temp. But that's not for me.

All depends on you insulation. The candle jars work for me .when on my own in van.

My long wheel base has 5kw cdh. But can't regulate so by 3 am it's over 26 degrees. In van. If left on.

For about £100 you can get extra addons to automatically turn on off at temp. But that's not for me.
You can get one that regulates temperature now, I think it may be a HCalry make if that how it’s spelt. @mistericeman I think it is fitted one and it was working initially. Sure he will update if that’s changed since 👍

There are portable versions of the Chinese diesel heaters shown above, they maybe more suitable for your situation.
Never use the portable heaters in an enclosed space. They produce noxious fumes and are dangerous. It would need an exhaust to the outside world and in a micro camper, where does it sit?

Forget using 12v for heating.

12v heaters produce as much heat as a candle,

A small 1kw 230v heater via an inverter will draw 1,000/12 = over 80 amps and will flatten a 100ah battery in just over 30 minutes.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back