POOLE Council Powerless to stop Camping

neverrememberit

Follow the web link I posted in the England > Dorset > Poole section. It would be interesting to know if other councils who profess to ban camping are similarly unable to.

As I said on the other thread - they may be unable to enforce the 'no camping' signs but they can soon put height barriers at the entrance.

Baiter Park

I've always wondered how they can charge 60p/night but not allow camping, afterall if you don't answer a knock at the door are you really in there?.. or just parked up.

I don't think they can put up height barriers when people like me have just paid £85 for another years slipway use using a 9ft high motorhome to launch!

Nosha said:
I've always wondered how they can charge 60p/night but not allow camping, afterall if you don't answer a knock at the door are you really in there?.. or just parked up.

I don't think they can put up height barriers when people like me have just paid £85 for another years slipway use using a 9ft high motorhome to launch!

That is a good point Nosha. Where would they stand legally if they did put up height barriers after taking your money to use the slip?

We were in Poole recently and besides the 'no camping, no sleeping, no cooking' signs, Baiter Slip Car Park had a sign saying 'no vehicles over 1.5t.'

voxy.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back