POI meanings?

Neilemmaireland

Hi, I'm a complete newbie to this site, I've read the location app guide but I can't find anywhere a guide to what the different places mean. Eg "layby rural" - does this mean we can stay overnight here? I can see there are separate points for free and chargeable aires but are they official aires and the laybys unofficial stopover points? Sorry I'm sure this question's been asked before and the answer is saved somewhere very obvious but I can't find it! Thanks! Emma xx

Hi, I'm a complete newbie to this site, I've read the location app guide but I can't find anywhere a guide to what the different places mean. Eg "layby rural" - does this mean we can stay overnight here? I can see there are separate points for free and chargeable aires but are they official aires and the laybys unofficial stopover points? Sorry I'm sure this question's been asked before and the answer is saved somewhere very obvious but I can't find it! Thanks! Emma xx
No problem asking. Unless stated otherwise all locations (not tap/wc) are locations you can overnight. Unfortunately as happened to me recently CR's especially might have had physical or signed restrictions put in place since it was added, if this happens to you please advise admin so they can remove the location if they think necessary. Laybys will be unofficial but all locations should be tried and tested or added by a local who knows they are usable

Someone else will have to answer your aire query as I am unsure

Last edited:
location description as follows: CR - car park rural CU - car park urban LR - layby rural LU - layby urban OR - other rural location OU - other urban location In the Pub Stop POI files you will find the following: PH - pub stopover And in the Tap POI files you will the following: WS – water standpipe (this may be outside or inside a building) WT – water toilet (water available from a basin tap, for example)

I have a hint card in the van they are all possible locations my preference is anything rural as apposed to urban.

https://wildcamping.co.uk/POI-FILES/User Guide - England Wales Scotland.pdf

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back