POI, but no overnight parking?

• Thread starter Deleted member 95622
  • Start date

Deleted member 95622

Looking at one of the coastal POI's nearish me in the location app. for a trip next week and it's marked CR, verified 2020, so went to google streetview to have a look about and see "No Camping or Caravaning" signs...

Given the time of year (and weather!) I'm probably going to risk it (It's in Scotland if that makes any difference) but wondering what the perceived wisdom might be about things like this?

(and if we chicken out there are a few other open car parks in the vicinity anyway)

Cheers,

-G

Looking at one of the coastal POI's nearish me in the location app. for a trip next week and it's marked CR, verified 2020, so went to google streetview to have a look about and see "No Camping or Caravaning" signs...

Given the time of year (and weather!) I'm probably going to risk it (It's in Scotland if that makes any difference) but wondering what the perceived wisdom might be about things like this?

(and if we chicken out there are a few other open car parks in the vicinity anyway)

Cheers,

-G
It’s up to you, but in 2014 police Scotland gave notice that these signs have no legal bearing, and are not enforceable. I tend to respect them in the warmer busier months, but I doubt if you will have any issues in winter.

If CR Coldingham, I know that police were moving motorhomes and campervans on from there in summer 2022.

A couple of years back we were touring Scotland and, one evening, came across a lovely protected layby with fabulous mountain and loch views.
I was about to "level up" when my wife spotted a "No Overnight Parking" sign.
Disapointed, we were about to drive off when a chap drove in in an old and tiny Romahome. He got out, slipped a bin bag over the sign, and got back into his van.
We both spent a quiet night in the layby, and enjoyed a glorious sunrise.

Roger

Well, FWIW, risked it and no knock.
One other camper (bigger; coach build motorhome - we're more "stealth" white van type) there too, but right up at the top. We parked right at the bottom tucked into the corner.
Loos on the beach open all night too.
Woke up to a great sunrise with a very light dusting of snow - heater working well. Fish chips and Ice Cream last night in Eyemouth (just along from the coop) and a nice fry-up this morning :)

Cheers,

-G

A couple of years back we were touring Scotland and, one evening, came across a lovely protected layby with fabulous mountain and loch views.
I was about to "level up" when my wife spotted a "No Overnight Parking" sign.
Disapointed, we were about to drive off when a chap drove in in an old and tiny Romahome. He got out, slipped a bin bag over the sign, and got back into his van.
We both spent a quiet night in the layby, and enjoyed a glorious sunrise.

Roger
Cool hand Luke ?
The police might say...
"What we have here os a lack of communication" !

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back