Petition your support is needed.Fiat/Peugeot-WATER TO ENGINE COMPARTMENT!

justicefromfiat

Hi.
Please could I ask all motorhomers to consider signing the petition link below.
You will find a fuller explanation of the issue and you are asked to sign to the following statement.
PLEASE SIGN OUR PETITION TO DEMONSTRATE THAT IT IS UNFAIR OF LARGE CORPORATIONS TO TREAT THIER CUSTOMERS THIS WAY!

http://www.petition.co.uk/water_ingress_to_engine_re_fiat__peugeot

More info on the problem can be viewed on link below
http://www.motorhomefacts.com/ftopic-32158.html

Also thanks to previous contributors to my thread here "Fiat/Peugeot Water ingress to engine!! "
Sorry the question was a bit vague and thanks for your replies.
The affected come from the New design vehicles-Late 2006 onwards and with production in the 200,000 plus range this is a potentially huge problem.
Your support would be appreciated.
justicefromfiat

Water Ingress To Engine Re Fiat & Peugeot

Thanks Nosha
Here's hoping!
Cheers from all affected

My Ducato does not appear to suffer from the water ingress but nevertheless...as visitors to the 2007 NEC will have noticed ....Fiat now recognise the problem and if concern is registered with them they say they will now fit the necessary solution (evidently additional sealing and some sort of protective engine "guard") - I registered my concern with Fiat at the show but have yet to hear from the dealer nominated to do the work...... here's hoping.

ive got an old beddy but i will support my fellow m/homers (who knows in a few years down the line i may buy one like yours )

Fiat Problems

Interesting....do you have any pics of the problem encountered? It would be useful for other members to spot whether they have a problem or not.

Regards

Jackpot

fiat problems

Intresting to no .I am due to pick a new fiat bessacarr up any time now.It came from the factory ,end of last month.I will see what the dealer knows,and if any mods have been done to this one.Will keep you informed.

fiat problems

Just watched the caravan programme,and it said that fiat now agree they is a fault,and they say to contact your dealer to have it fixed.

Jackpot said:
Interesting....do you have any pics of the problem encountered? It would be useful for other members to spot whether they have a problem or not.

Regards

Jackpot
if you go to motor home fun there is a link to youtube it shows a vidieo about the prob hope this helps

...following my 23rd October post notifying the Fiat acceptance of the situation I have now heard from Fiat Customer Services who, on my behalf, are making arrangements with the nearest dealer to fit the mod to stop the water ingress. New Fiat owners will also be interested to hear that on some there is an advisory on the steering which evidently requires some tightning and lubrication of one of the joints to stop "creaking".

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back