Pet travel and rabies jabs

tailgate

Free Member
Wondering how many have had a new rabies shot and blood test just in case this is required after this year.

Thanks

We had blood test in Spain just before lock down . They sent it to a German Laboratory ! Did not get results back till August . All ok though and stamped up in passport . I thought we had to do it going into UK , maybe same coming back the other way ? Anyway done now so should be one less thing to worry about !

Ours is already done. The jab is necessary to get into UK but the jab plus test MAY be necessary to get into EU after the end of the year.

Got my dog done with the booster jab in january really cant see the uk which is an island allowing animals back in without having the blood test done my opinion but i'd rather be safe than sorry

The blood titre test MAY be needed for travel TO the EU AFTER transition ends.

The Government have confirmed that there will be no change to procedures for returning to GB following Brexit:

"Return to Great Britain
There will be no change to the current health preparations for pets entering Great Britain from the EU from 1 January 2021."

For those of us who travel abroad every winter, if you travel before the end of transition things will be quite straightforward this winter and I expect that all the arrangements will have been made and we will be a listed country by winter 21/22.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back