Personal number plates

GARY ENGLISH

Has any one got personal plates on there van. When i got mine done, and said they were going on motorhome ,got some silly remark as if it was not good enough for them.Kids of today that was halfords,did not even no what the log book was.

We have got private plates on the better ½s Renault Espace which, when we exchange it, will go on to the camper (they were her birthday present)! Excuse the state of the Renault (salt spray).
reg.jpg

Last edited:
Cheeper to just change your name when getting a new van LOL
My mame is Paul Bradley Farington now

Personal Plate.

Likewise, find it easy to remember when asked for number at sites so our Hymer also has a hymer type no. C. ..HYM because when edearl got to the big 60 did not know what to get him so got him C.....EDY. anything to make life easier in retirement. Carol.

monkeynut said:
Cheeper to just change your name when getting a new van LOL
My mame is Paul Bradley Farington now

Might change my name to DV53OXY then.:D

Private Plate

Hey the VOSA van DOES have ANPR but is only set up to catch you naughty truckers with no MOT or Op' Licence!

My private plate was on our scooter and now on the M/H. The one that was on our 'old' Winne is now on the car, so no prob's moving them around - well apart from the £80 AND having to tax, MOT & insure a scooter that I never use just so the transfer can go ahead - bloody goverment crooks, at least Dick Turpin wore a mask!

REMEMBER to store your previous reg' number plates somewhere safe, so when you come to put the private reg' on the next M/H you can save the expense of new plates!

I know you're all going to shout at me but

I am afraid i just dont get personal number plates - i mean you dont all go walking around at home with name badges on do you?

plates

virgil said:
We have got private plates on the better ½s Renault Espace which, when we exchange it, will go on to the camper (they were her birthday present)! Excuse the state of the Renault (salt spray).
reg.jpg

Sorry Virgil but you will find your spacing on number plate is illegal however the police probably wont pull you for it unless you do something else wrong:eek: But ive certainly seen worse examples like italic ect.

We have to swap the plates every time we have the vehicle MOT'd!

My best mate is a Sergeant in the West Mercia and he has informed me that number plates is one of the items right at the bottom of their stop list so whilst I know they are illegal I'm not too worried but thanks for the heads up!

I'm with Lady Barnet on this one. To me, all personal number plates read the same. "SAD 1 " lol.

graham/kath said:
Not necessarily sad as it gets rid of the year of manufacture, therefor no one knows the exact age of your van:cool:

who gives a monkey's how old/new it is. beejay said it all.:rolleyes:

who started this silly craze

graham/kath said:
Not necessarily sad as it gets rid of the year of manufacture, therefor no one knows the exact age of your van:cool:
well i can tell you it was woman!, and her name was fiona fullaton(all you old o nes must remember her ) and her plate was fu2 i dont think any ones toped that one to date

graham/kath said:
Am I sad or silly or just damn proud of my van as I have reg A**HYM on my Hymer.
My opinion is that I am proud!;)
(now waiting for the fall out!):rolleyes: :p

It isn't sad at all Graham! We are all different and all have many different things that float our boats. Is it sad to have a motorcycle and try to re-live your teens? Is it sad to have a Ferrari when a Focus would do the same job? Is it sad that we do crosswords, fishing, motor racing etc etc?

NO, live life as you see and respect other peoples views and actions until they impinge upon your own and affect you!:D

I've just had a great ride-out on my Honda 650. Glorious sunshine, dry roads,
saw plenty of motorhomes out & about. Mine is on the drive? Now that IS sad!

beejay said:
I've just had a great ride-out on my Honda 650. Glorious sunshine, dry roads,
saw plenty of motorhomes out & about. Mine is on the drive? Now that IS sad!

Do you have a motorcycle attachment on the MH towbar to allow you to use the MC when you are not wilding?

I fondly recall my M/C days... Much too long ago!... First one was a good old FS1E (would be worth a fortune these days!) than an AP50 "progressed" to a DT125r then finally an RD350. I always preferred the two strokes to four strokes until in 1993 I fitted a ZZr1100c2 motor in the rear of a single seater that weighed less than a bag of sugar and well, say no more... Ballistic!

Last edited:
If I was to locate my 650 on to the rear-end of my Autosleeper, it would do wheelies, (the M/H I mean) far to heavy. Besides I don't have any interest in having a ride-out when away with the M/H as we always have our GSD with us, & prefer walks. (Wallace & Grommit methinks) The only time I've towed my 'bike behind the M/H was when I did a track day at Cadwell Park.Then I had a Triumph 900 which, getting it onto the 'bike trailer, was an art in itself. Well that's my 3 major interests all rolled into one thread. 'biking, motorhoming & my dogs, but in no particular order.
What about others?

Sex!

I remember it too! Now if I want to get wet we tow the boat, and if I want to get sticky I take the tandem... Now does anyone know how I can tow the boat, bike & Triumph Trophy so I can get wet, sticky & excited??? Until then I'll have to stick with sex... another chore us men have to endure whilst out in the M/H!!!

'Bike

Nosha, Would have settled on a Triumph Trophy (Dark Green one looked superb) but I don't want to return to chain. Pan, to big, so settled for the DV. Shaft, panniers the lot. Is it the 900 or 1200? 1200 to thirsty.
Happy 'biking :)

Last edited:
Bike

We went out to buy a secondhand Pan' in dk green, saw a Trophy in dk green and was swayed (all in the car park at 3 legged cross); went into the showroom and saw a 1200 trophy in Platinum (that's Rover Champagne!) and thought that's the one for us!
We ended up buying it new from Jack Lilley's! Yes I didn't realise how thirsty they are, especially when you give it some stick! 46mpg gentle, and coming back from Scotland at 85-90 only 34mpg! (My 4x4 does that much and everyone now hates 4x4's for being so un-green so for God's sake don't tell the goverment how bad big bikes are or the tax will be doubled over night!).

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back