Paris

TJBi

Has anyone visited Paris by motorhome in the last 3 years? If so, any recommendations regarding suitable overnighting locations? I'm thinking in terms of a campsite for vehicle security but am open to other suggestions. I had wondered about the Camping de Paris in the Bois de Boulogne, but reviews at https://www.campingcar-infos.com/view.php?id=2041 suggest a distinct drop in standards between 2018 and 2019 and that if anything it has deteriorated further in subsequent years.

I drove down there in 2017 and stayed at the Bois site which was very handy for the centre. Shame if it has run down as it was perfectly fine when I went and as it was in winter (my son and I went for the France v Wales 6N match) we also got it for €18 with the ACSI.

Stayed twice on good campsite in Versais, bus ride to Palace. 10min walk to railway station and 20 mins into Paris, think stop is near Eifel tower. Enjoy

Parked in the Marais district (partially on a zebra crossing) one weekend. Free , no problems but did take 3 hours to find the space !

Thanks all for your comments. Don't think I'll try driving round the Marais for 3 hours. :eek:
I think that I had identified the Versailles campsite as one for visiting the Palais but hoped for closer to Paris to reduce travelling time and maximise sightseeing in the city itself. Half a century since I last travelled Paris-Versailles and the RER may have changed things, so perhaps something to reconsider.

May be of help?

Not stayed on Bois de Boulogne since 2008. I've just googled Campsites Paris and a few others came up not too far out fom the centre.

Last edited:
In the end, I booked the Camping de Paris and experienced no issues with the facilities, some of which had been refurbished and others were closed for refurbishment. However, there was virtually no working lighting around the site at night, which could be something of an issue. Site very busy, with lots of Irish rugby fans staying there.
Good location for travelling into Paris by public transport and great to spend time in the City of Light even if I was acting as a guide for my partner and despite all the works taking place beautifying the city ready for the 2024 Olympics.

I don't mind a campsite without lights, it justifies me taking head torches, and all the other torches that I carry that Maggy moans about, she even calls me Torchy

Some years ago we stayed on a aire on rue de matlots at Versailles, this was a seasonal site run by the Versailles Association, can't seem to find any info on it now, and gf tells me we have to go back there sometime.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back