Panasonic DMR-EX75. FOR SALE

izwozral

Selling £50.00

Can't find the remote at the moment but will keep looking.

If sold the money will go to the Matt Long Crowd Fund page.

Catfish

tSodeprsno0t1cg:Mah5h0f686 10a50mM15lt hf9i11P a7t tc9uui9r1 ·

Following Matt's post, we are sad to say that the next European tour has had to be cancelled. We will update you on future plans as we can. Following many suggestions we will start a crowdfund to help with Matt's treatment and details of that will be posted soon...

Below is Matt's statement:

So. Bad news.

I’ve had my results back from my latest scan. The cancer has survived the chemo and has spread into my liver and stomach lining. It’s a very aggressive cancer it turns out…

I had my consultation call the other day. After telling me this, they were talking about my options. Both of which were talking about either extending life through more chemo or stopping treatment and enjoying what time I have left… Which they said could be probably some time near the end of the year…

They then asked me if I could come in the next morning for a face to face consultation. Which I did. The meeting started out much the same. Talking about those two options.

After some discussion and some searching for answers, they revealed there is a possible third option. The reason they didn’t say it initially is because it is a very, very expensive treatment as it isn’t funded by the NHS. So expensive that it isn’t usually an option for most people. I can’t quite remember the full ins and out is it but the basics of it involve sending samples of my tumour off to a big medical company in America where they can do very specific tests and see if there is a very specific thing that can fight my rare tumour (they say it’s rare because it’s affecting someone quite young and is resistant to chemo). They then ask, beg and plead with the drug companies to get them to send me the specific thing that can fight my cancer through immunotherapy. This will in an ideal situation extend my life to a more significant extent or… in an even more ideal world… have a very very slight chance of curing me.

When I say slight chance, I mean 15% slight chance.

So it’s not looking good… but the way I see it, out of those three options, I really only have one option. The option that gives me even the slightest chance of survival. Yes it’s super expensive but I have savings and means to at least attempt it initially. Yes they were intended for buying a house with my fiancée but given the situation we’ve all agreed that it’s obviously much more worth it to do this instead.

I will be continuing on with chemotherapy in the meantime in order to attempt to keep the cancer under control whilst the tests are going on. We’ll be using a different type of chemo this time around. And I’ve been told that this one will have the more typical chemo side effects like hair loss etc. So get ready to see my big massive dome of a head without hair!

Not going to lie, I’ve been very much in despair the last couple of days. There was a part of me that really thought that call was going to be good news rather than the worst news. And yes for that first day I very much had multiple huge breakdowns, as I thought I was going to die. Even now after the reveal of the option giving me a very slim chance at survival, I do still feel terrified. There is still a very real chance that I won’t make it… But it would be stupid not to attempt that option and give it my all to work towards that 15%. I also acknowledge that I am incredibly lucky to be in a position that I can even think about affording that option. Yes it could drain me of pretty much every penny I have to my name but at least I could potentially be alive to look at how broke I am.

Once again I will be scaling back on work and gigs in order to give me the best chance possible and also because I’m going to feel like crap. I despise having this reputation of cancelling and rescheduling so many gigs yet again but I know you guys will understand. As wonderful and fulfilling as they are, no gig is worth it in comparison to trying to get better, no matter how big or small. I won’t be cancelling/rescheduling absolutely every gig as it’s recommended that I do some stuff to keep my mind occupied and my mental state in check. But certainly no long tours and scaling down on the excessive travel. That being said, they’ve also said that I should get out and enjoy life. Go to places I’ve wanted to go, see things I’ve wanted to see, do stuff that I’ve wanted to do. So once I’ve gone through my current work schedule and rearranged it, I will also be thinking about what those places, things and activities could be.

I have a lot to live for. And a lot of loved ones to live for. So I will do everything in my power to try and do so. The odds may be against me but any chance is still a chance.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back