overnighting in scarborough

pappajohn

hi,
just been reading my local paper, scarborough evening news, and it would appear we are getting 14 new traffic wardens and two mopeds for them to get around on and they have powers that the police had regarding illigal parking ie:- double yellows, footpaths ect.!!!!.
the other point is they have been ordered to move on anyone overnighting in
motorhomes in official parking bays in the town though i cant see them patrolling at night somehow.
all this has come to light from cllr backhouse who just happens to own a campsite on the edge of town !!!!!! :rolleyes: :rolleyes:
anyway you have been warned that scarborough is not to motorhome freindly when it comes to wilding. :eek: :eek:

john.

typical local coucilors trying to line there own pockets we usualy use the sea life car park nice and quiet there will have to see what happens

mandrake said:
typical local coucilors trying to line there own pockets we usualy use the sea life car park nice and quiet there will have to see what happens

hi mandrake.
that is, as youre probably aware, a council c/park.
post should have read "council traffic enforcement officers".
they have taken over from the police regards parking with the same powers.
cant see them working overtime or the council paying it!!!!!!!

john.

We stayed on a small ind. estate (mainly offices), in full view of the cctv camera on one of the buildings. Free security??
Can't remember the name of it, but it was only a couple of minutes into town
Voxy

pappajohn said:
hi mandrake.

cant see them working overtime or the council paying it!!!!!!!

john.

Don't be too sure about that my friend, I was once parked up in the Ripon coach park with a coach whilst my passengers were at a Carol service in the Cathedral, this was at 10pm, there is no overnight parking for coaches by the way, I had only been there 20 minutes when a parking attendant arrived all the way from Harrogate to nick me, they had spotted me on the surveilance camera 12 miles away, when I explained I was not overnighting but waiting for my passenger who incidently were the Millitary Band playing in the Cathedral I was ordered to pull out of the coach park and park on the bus station access road on "double yellow lines".The coach park then stood Empty.

I know that this is not Scarborough but it is North Yorkshire and what Harrogate does Scarborough is not far behind, start worrying, they will pay the overtime.

Tony

I know that this is not Scarborough but it is North Yorkshire and what Harrogate does Scarborough is not far behind, start worrying, they will pay the overtime.

Tony

never was a truer word spoken(writen). we got our first parking meters from harrogate council. our leaders are cash-strapped at the moment but we'll wait and see. something to do with illigal contract tenders re:- marine drive works....ect.

john

Scarborough Parking!

Was up at Holbeck Carpark yesterday and I see they have put in place a pay and display ticket machine although not in use yet. This was a nice free parking spot to take in the views.

georgese5 said:
Was up at Holbeck Carpark yesterday and I see they have put in place a pay and display ticket machine although not in use yet. This was a nice free parking spot to take in the views.

shock,horror.
a free carpark in scarborough:eek: :eek: :eek: , that one slipped thru the net.:rolleyes:
we do need all the income we can get though to pay for all the other cockups :eek: .
i never use the local carparks so i dont know which are pay and display but i'll bet they all are by now.
never known a tighter council than ours.
they'll be putting toll booths on the a64, a165 and a170 next just to drive away the last few visitors ;)

john

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back