overdrive

t&s

any one know if there is a retro overdrive for 2006 ducato2.8 jtd
i cant find any on the web ???

top is quite good i was just looking at possible ways of increasing fuel comsumption as add on gadgets never produce what they promis do they .

i also find the low gears to low i hardly ever need first the spacings between all gears could be a touch better i think

i do tend to change up at around 15/20 on the rev counter and i never exceed 25 on the rev counter thats about 65 to 70
50 in 4th gear sounds quite fast ile take notice of the speedo on my next run and check it out
jumping out of gear might be caused by a mal adjusted bowden cable
ile keep me eye on it
thanks for the warning
cheers terry

so far may be i am lucky i never exceed 25 on the rev counter generaly trying to change up around 20 or below if poss on the flat
but ile heed your warning and not labour it to much
i supose my laid back attitude to gear changing is caused by driving gardener 180s ect
old habits die hard

hard to remember how slow they went even with a stick jamed under the dash 50 mph flat out down shap
you could not do that now

that was in the good old days
when i worked for hj cutler we used to run from poole to paisley in 10 hours with 20 ton of piston liners dead weight hard slog wasint it without all the motorways there is now
now fort william is just a days drive from here

i supose you are right
a cushy life they have
they probably dont even know what double de clutch is
and to tell them you dont always have to use the clutch to change gear at all once moving would confuse then even more

Eeeeeeeeeeeeeeee, when I wer a 'lad we ad to lick the gravel off pavement afore we went te' school, we lived in shoe box at bottom o' road etc........, anyway I can top you lot, started at BRS (remember them) on a Seddon, then a Bristol, later got a better truck, a Guy invincible!!:D

My first wagon was a Leyland Comet 90 (Bhp :eek: ) 1952 with the bonnet :cool: and running boards! :D I used to carry a board to put across the seats so that I could sleep on my nights out. :eek: It was a flat so every load was handballed on, sheeted then roped on. :rolleyes: Haaahhhhhhhh, (big sigh) happy days!:):(;)
Jim.

***** ,,,,120 Gardner it must have been a 4 wheeler we are nearly going back to the days of Patrick mc goohan and Herbert lom from the film the hell drivers the days when we were dreaming of driving trucks like Leyland comets’ and Thames traders with the gear stick direct from the gear box at the back of the cab
god are we really that old,
I wonder what the kids would have made of these
Its Nice to reminisce sometimes
Regarding nice lakes and river views here is an idea I know it not the area you intend to go next but maybe just an idea for the future
Have you tried lake Annecy there we have used the municipal camp site with nice views of the lake. the official Aires around Annecy are so small you can only just get out of the van door as they park so close we don’t use them we also go the other side of the lake where there is a few large pull ins for wilding right by the lake side.
But for us Switzerland has it all, views /lakes/ Rivers and a nice climate
Cheers terry

thanks again ile look up those stops you recomend
as thanks still aint working

Modane is just down the hill from Frejus tunnel on the French side.:cool:
Suza is on the Italian side of Frejus but a few miles more.:cool:
Carisio is a well known truck stop between Turin & Milano:cool:

thanks coppied to my wild stops file

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back