Over heating problems

maudlin

Hi
It seems like I only post when I have problems. So I have offered some advice to another first before asking for help.
I had a bit of an over heating problem, in fact when I looked I had no cap to the water coolant resevoir. I think it must have blown off! excuse the pun.
I bought an emergency petrol cap and used the foam ring inside it. Together with a piece of tin foil, good old baco!, and the foam ring I patched it up for the remainder of the journey.
Do any of you know where I can get just a new cap to fit. My van is a fiat Ducato 1.9 litre. if that helps.
Thanks in advance.
Maudlin
:)

should be able to get one from any good motor factors, they may not have one in stock but should be able to order one for you, failing that local fiat dealer or scrap yard. but I'd get the over heating checked out, may just be something simple thats causing it

Sounds like you have too much pressure in your cooling system, get it checked out as if it has blown the cap off the pressure could be coming from the combustion chambers. It may be something more simple but the sooner you get it sorted the less likelyhood of major damage.

To check 'pressurisation' start the engine when cold, remove cap and look or bubbles in water.

Peter

i'm sure any fiat dealer will be able to supply the correct cap for your engine.
tony

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back