oven wont turn up high

jeffo

can any one help the oven wont turn up to a higher gas it just stays on low the gas rings are working allright its a 2020 caprice thanks

Oven won't turn up high

Don't profess to be an expert but it sounds like the jets need cleaning hope this helps,Andy.

If the gas rings are giving full pressure then I would suspect that the thermostat is the likely cause - I doubt it is a service item and would just need changing by a gas fitter. Try rotating the knob about twenty times to see if the thermostat shaft is just stuck, you may get lucky and it frees up. Check also that the plastic knob has not broken on the shaft and is just appearing to move the thermostat shaft, pull it off and use a pair of pliers to rotate the thermostat shaft - if you get high flame then its a cheap plastic knob that needs replacing.

It could (as mentioned above) be the jet - some can be cleaned with a rag soaked in solvent - some can be cleaned using a special wire for the job, dont try using anything other than the correct tool for cleaning - damaging the jet causes even more problems.

well here is my input,when the oven is lit,it has a low flame and if the oven door is closed it warms up thus goes to high flame.
inside the thermostat is two dissimilar metals(invar rod)which control the the oven temperature,if the oven doesnt heat its usually the stat.try B.E.S.co.uk giving oven model.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back