our troops saftey

Deleted member 775

ok i know this may be an offshoot from other discussions we are having about the economy and the like, but i thought it deserved to be separate . i remember a few months back an interview with a government member who stated we have no money to supply our troops with body armour these things save our lads lives also have you all seen them driving round in what are to all intents and purposes world war 2 land-rovers that an air gun pellet will penetrate even the taliban have better armored shoguns AND OUR GOVERNMENT HAVE JUST DISHED OUT BILLIONS TO SAVE 2 BLOODY BANKS shurely what is more important why not spend one of those billion of pounds after all the say it is our money on the lads and treat them to all they need hows about some humvs you can blow one of those 50 foot in the air safely or bring them home better still and leave the Iraqis and afghans to there own devices even they dont want our lads over there

well said mandrake!,
the wages of the RBS chairman last year alone, could have bought new body armour for the whole british army.
so where are our, sorry "where are our governments priorities"
Certainly not with the welfare of the common ordinary british people
and definatle not, with the troops, who they will cower behind once again,
as they have done in the past, when the sh*t hits the fan

Our Troops

I will second that Sundown, well said Mandrake, give our Troops what they need. The Bankers? get more than enough. I think it's criminal to let these people get these inflated bonuses, when our lads are being neglected in one way or another, whether it be kit related or housing. I think our lads qualify to be "WILD CAMPERS" so we should suport them.

Happy Camping.

If you really are concerned and feel as strongly as some of us do then there is always ARRSE - the Army Rumour Service. There is also Rum Ration - Royal Navy & Royal Marines and also e-Goat for the Crabs :D
A quick search thru there is enough to put anyone off their Weety Flakes.

The poor old British soldier has always been short changed over his equipment, having the cheapest, substandard rubbish money could buy. The only bonus will be that Brown can't afford to play wargames at all, so we might see our troops come home, they are already talking with the Taliban!

totaly agree with you my son in law to be was killed in a helicopter crash in iraq the helicopter was older than him

When I was in during the 70/80s we had equipment going back to WWII, the whole situation was a joke then, as it is now!

yes it seems a little wrong to say the least that saving some bank overules the life of even just one soldier.

My youngest lad made it back safe and sound and that was such a relief.:)
Peppers I am so sorry your son in law did not make it.:(
Feckin goverment have a lot to answer for bas**rds the lot of them.:mad:

Heartfelt thoughts

My heart goes out to you all who have young lads and lasses out there in conflicts around the world, I would be worried sick if it were mine:(

My youngest lad made it back safe and sound and that was such a relief.:)
Peppers I am so sorry your son in law did not make it.:(
Feckin goverment have a lot to answer for bas**rds the lot of them.:mad:

same sentiments from me too

No change with the equipment for the Troops, I joined in the early 60s and was issued with Service Dress! Bloody 1st WW stuff.

My Sympathy goes out to all members who have lost loved ones in the family, during the recent conflicts.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back