Orkney & Brandyman

Wind Dancer

I have had the most wonderful time in Scotland touring the Highlands and Islands, for 4 fabulous weeks. :drive:

One of the highlights of my trip was meeting Brandyman, his wife and his son, and I would like to extend a huge and heartfelt thank you to them all.

I had two visits to Orkney, on my way too and from Shetland. As soon I messaged Merv to tell him of my plans to come to Orkney, he was straight on the case to make sure I was well looked after. He told me how to source the best ferry deals, and where to wildcamp convenient for the ferries. :welcome:

He checked in with me frequently to make sure everything was going well for me and that I got the most out of my visit. I let on to him that since the ferry crossing I could not get my fridge to light again. He quickly called up a local garage and arranged for me to go there. As it happened I was not able to get sorted there, so he sent the cavalry to me! I got a visit from a delightful man who sorted me out in no time, and Merv kept in close communication to make sure all was well.

Getting the fridge fixed was a huge benefit for me, as apart from my own supplies for the wilderness, I was also collecting a bulk pre-order of a raw & frozen dog food on Shetland, and it needed somewhere to go!

Orkney is a really fabulous place to spend time, and the weather was Great! :cool: :banana: Every place I visited was amazing, and I was also lucky enough to coincide with the Orkney Blues Festival where I saw some great acts - and accidentally walked into 'backstage' whilst the very handsome (and charming) headline act was warming up ;) :bow::cool:

Thank you again Brandyman and your family, for all the hospitality and kindness extended towards me. It was very much appreciated, and made my visit all the better by far.

Chris
& the Collies :dog::dog:

He really is a fantastic character as is Gladys.The history he can tell you and divulge is truly jaw dropping some of it just is amazing.i thank you merv again also
Regards Gordon

He was equally just as helpful and entertaining to a whole load of us that went across in June and he helped make it a fantastic experience, a true gent.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back