One for Wineciccio Channa take on Italian !!!..a simple carbonara !

Channa

No reason as to why this cant be cooked in the camper

ingredients

bacon or ham
basil
pasta of your choice ( i like conchiglie because its shape cups the sauce)
basil
Parmesan cheese
chopped chestnut mushrooms
creme freche or single cream ( controversial that part but do what you want)
couple of fresh egg yolks

Before we get to cooking aldi and lidl occasionally sell pasta rollers so worth the effort roll a pasta sheet like a cigar chop with a knife you have a tagliatelle..... also supernmarkets seems to sell the fresh mad stuff for the few pennies more, well worth it.

The cooking

In a bit of Olive oil, fry off the bacon or ham until crispy ...saute the mushrooms and set aside
meanwhile in a pot of boiling water add the pasta and cook. In my experience cook a minute less than the instructions , two reason one it will be al dente ( to the tooth) secondly it will continue to cook after it has been drained Yoy dont want to overcook it .

In a seperate bowl add the egg yolks and cream and whisk until smooth

add the pasta and coat, the heat from the pasta will cook the sauce.

serve add the bacon and mushroom , by not adding it to the pasta mix you will keep the texture and flavour add it to the dish , you can layer it if you wish at thi sstage season with pepper and salt to taste

cover with grated parmesan

garnish with the fresh basil

last and not least enjoy

Channa

My good ness that is not that simple!, mushrooms, cream what>??? carbonara is simply egg yolks mixed with pecorino chees with a little bit of ham cut into cubes, if the sauced is a bit dry, add a bit of water you cooked the past in, simple

Another deviation for a tasty meal, is toast in a dry pan pine nuts and set aside, add olive oil fry off diced chicken breast until cooked , set aside and saute mushrooms. cook a pot of tagliatelle. ....take a bowl add all together then add a green pesto ...and mix ....serve in a bowl add grated parmesan or pecorino cheese .....garnish with a bit of basil if you want to be cheffy and enjoy ....it is delicious

EASY TOO

Channa

Father inlaw wont eat any of that stuff ,took him round about 3 places when away last weekend,he says i dont eat that foreign muck wheres the prittys,irish for spuds.:lol-053:

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back