NT A glimmer of hope?

Gosh, I had always thought that the properties were owned by the government and managed by the NT.

So an unelected body is in charge of it all. Can make whatever decisions it likes and has to answer to no one as long as it does not commit out and out fraud.

I seem to remember that someone in the House of lords was pushing for an enquiry into their accountability some time before covid....

I went to Buttermere a few weeks ago, hopefully stay overnight in the van. When I looked at the charges for parking I was shocked and the sign had no overnight parking. I had been driving for sometime and was feeling very tired, some of you will know I am under going treatment for cancer. I live in my van so I decided to stay in a layby close to the water the time was about 8.00pm. Ten minutes later a park warden came skidding to the side of me and shouted "yer can't stay there this is private land and leave immediately, if you don't leave now I have been instructed to call the police. Now on yer way! " I had to drive for almost half an hour to find another place to eat and sleep.

Unfortunately, the current National Trust policy on overnight parking and camping forbids it. (->clicky link<-) From the OP and others, the NT now seem to be revisiting this with a view to permitting overnighting in motorhomes. That said, they'll probably be looking hard at usual excuses for banning it, i.e. "no toilets and people leaving trash behind". Nonetheless, I've written to them to let them know that I can only visit their properties when in the moho, hence membership isn't worthwhile for me unless I can stay overnight, and again asked them to advise me should their policy change to allow this.

Any of yous that find yourselves in Northern Ireland, the NT Spade Factory is a delight and you can overnight for a fiver.
Not sure if higher up management know about it. Apparently they get very little funding....

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back