Not great news for us tourists...

T
Climate change not recognised in this forum :)🙃 :cool: 🤷‍♀️

🙈🙉🙊
There is climate, it changes and blips into extremes over millenia. Simples!
Some climate catastrophists blamed the climate change on the recent extreme solar flares and some blame volcanic and earthquake activity on climate change.
At the end of the day it all depends on which science you believe.
I'm a tad averse to the science that has jumped on the back of the greatest scientist of them all - Greta Thunberg! Something stinks to high heaven the way governments, globalists and the super rich fauned over every word she screached, whilst totally ignoring their own enormous carbon footprint.
Nah, over population, sabre rattling, pollution, plastics in particular, concern me more than climate change.

Oh, and flea beetle which is munching all my home grown😡

T

Some climate catastrophists blamed the climate change on the recent extreme solar flares and some blame volcanic and earthquake activity on climate change.
I'm a tad averse to the science that has jumped on the back of the greatest scientist of them all - Greta Thunberg! Something stinks to high heaven the way governments, globalists and the super rich fauned over every word she screached, whilst totally ignoring their own enormous carbon footprint.
Nah, over population, sabre rattling, pollution, plastics in particular, concern me more than climate change.

There would be something very strange going on if it wasn't changing. The catastrophist would have a right party on that.

Anyway, I blame all the clowns on their e bikes. :LOL:

Y
There would be something very strange going on if it wasn't changing. The catastrophist would have a right party on that.

Anyway, I blame all the clowns on their e bikes. :LOL:
You could be on to something there Mark although I blame the lycralists. There must be so much friction going on in the gonad and butt cheek area that you could probably melt gold🤔🙁
As for the women lycralist, the little man in the boat must be sailing up the Orinoco! 😗😉😁

T

You do realise that it is either that, or this? They all play a part in climate change. Scientists, you know, the people that bought you almost everything you use in modern life, all agree that the current climate change is man made. Nothing to do with Thunberg. But, I would be interested to know peoples views on what is causing the changes in the weather. Yes the climate dips and rises, but there has never been such of a dramatic rise before as far as they can tell. But isn't it worth trying to stop it anyway? Or should we all be living in caves and eating raw food?

You do realise that it is either that, or this? They all play a part in climate change. Scientists, you know, the people that bought you almost everything you use in modern life, all agree that the current climate change is man made. Nothing to do with Thunberg. But, I would be interested to know peoples views on what is causing the changes in the weather. Yes the climate dips and rises, but there has never been such of a dramatic rise before as far as they can tell. But isn't it worth trying to stop it anyway? Or should we all be living in caves and eating raw food?

Or should we all be living in caves and eating raw food?
Be difficult to build a road up to a cave!! If we all turned vegan would all the xtra expelled gases not increase global warming

Scientists, you know, the people that bought you almost everything you use in modern life, all agree that the current climate change is man made.
Actually, they don't. Fewer than 2% of scientists who express an opinion on this agree that global climate change is man-made and the overwhelming majority consider global climate to be predominantly natural. Of course, local climate is a different matter (mainly because of the heat island effect) and conurbation, solar farms, etc. can raise the local temperature by up to 6°C -- but those are insignificant on a global scale.

That "all scientists agree" thing came from a few mendacious 'studies', with the one most quoted (i.e. "97% agree") coming from J. Cook et al. To arrive at that figure, Cook et al. 'examined' approx. 12,000 papers and split them into seven categories:
  1. Papers that said global warming exists and is chiefly man-made.
  2. Papers that said mankind has some role in global warming but did not quantify that role.
  3. Papers that said CO2 in general has a warming effect.
  4. Papers that did not comment on whether mankind has any effect on global warming.
  5. Papers that suggest mankind has a minimal impact on global warming.
  6. Papers that said mankind probably has no effect on global warming.
  7. Papers that explicitly said mankind causes less than 50% of global warming.
They combined the papers from categories 1, 2 and 3 and brought it into one group, which amounted to 33% of all papers. They then claimed these supported the anthropogenic global warming (AGW) hypothesis (even though those in categories 2 & 3 didn't). The vast majority of papers (67%) were in category 4; i.e. were silent on the AGW hypothesis but may or may not have explicitly cited non-human causes of global warming. Cook discarded that vast majority, and so effectively only compared those in the first three categories with those in 5, 6 and 7 combined. This made those he claimed supported the AGW hypothesis appear to be 97%. However, the only category that actually supports AGW is category 1, which was only 63 papers. When those 63 were later examined, it turned out that only 41 actually said climate change was chiefly man made. So by foul means, 41 out of 12,000 was claimed to be "97%"!

We can show that catastrophic AGW via the greenhouse effect is mathematically impossible (would be TLDR here, but I can post separately if you wish). In the meantime, I've linked Thierry Baudet's exposé on the 97% fraud:

Yes, the vast majority of actively publishing climate scientists – 97 percent – agree that humans are causing global warming and climate change.

Or

Depends what you look for online.

EDIT: Geoffl got in before me but I'm still going to post below, because it takes me ages to type and I am not going to waste. the effort!!!!😅

NOT ALL scientist agree that climate change is man made. Nor do I believe we are heading for climate catastrophe and certainly not in the next 10 years as some alarmist claim.
Is man having an impact on climate? Maybe? Possibly? Who knows for certain? And if so, no amount of electric vehicles, solar panels, wind turbines or tofu eating is going to change the possibility.
The only thing that can realistically change the possibility of man changing the climate is to reduce the worlds population to less than ten million! Quite how we get to that figure is open to debate - or not.

Some interesting reading below.

A Smithsonian Institution project has tried to reconstruct temperatures for the Phanerozoic Eon, or roughly the last half a billion years. Preliminary results released in 2019 showed warm temperatures dominating most of that time, with global temperatures repeatedly rising above 80°F and even 90°F—much too warm for ice sheets or perennial sea ice. About 250 million years ago, around the equator of the supercontinent Pangea, it was even too hot for peat swamps!

Graph of Earth temperature over 500 million years
Preliminary results from a Smithsonian Institution project led by Scott Wing and Brian Huber, showing Earth's average surface temperature over the past 500 million years. For most of the time, global temperatures appear to have been too warm (red portions of line) for persistent polar ice caps. The most recent 50 million years are an exception. Image adapted from Smithsonian National Museum of Natural History.
Geologists and paleontologists have found that, in the last 100 million years, global temperatures have peaked twice. One spike was the Cretaceous Hot Greenhouse roughly 92 million years ago, about 25 million years before Earth’s last dinosaurs went extinct. Widespread volcanic activity may have boosted atmospheric carbon dioxide. Temperatures were so high that champsosaurs (crocodile-like reptiles) lived as far north as the Canadian Arctic, and warm-temperature forests thrived near the South Pole.

Another hothouse period was the Paleocene-Eocene Thermal Maximum (PETM) about 55-56 million years ago. Though not quite as hot as the Cretaceous hothouse, the PETM brought rapidly rising temperatures. During much of the Paleocene and early Eocene, the poles were free of ice caps, and palm trees and crocodiles lived above the Arctic Circle.

Photo of a fossilized palm frond
Around the time of the Paleocene-Eocene Thermal Maximum, much of the continental United States had a sub-tropical environment. This fossil palm is from Fossil Butte National Monument, Wyoming. Image courtesy U.S. National Park Service.
During the PETM, the global mean temperature appears to have risen by as much as 5-8°C (9-14°F) to an average temperature as high as 73°F. (Again, today’s global average is shy of 60°F.) At roughly the same time, paleoclimate data like fossilized phytoplankton and ocean sediments record a massive release of carbon dioxide into the atmosphere, at least doubling or possibly even quadrupling the background concentrations.

Graph of global temperatures going back 65 million years shows that temperatures were highest during the Paleocene and Eocene eras.
Global surface temperatures were generally high throughout the Paleocene and Eocene, with a particularly warm spike at the boundary between the two geological epochs around 56 million years ago. Temperatures in the distant past are inferred from proxies, in this case, oxygen isotope ratios from fossil foraminifera, single-celled marine organisms. "Q" stands for Quaternary. Graphic produced using data from Zachos and Hansen, with help from Dr. Carrie Morrill, Director of the World Data Service for Paleoclimatology.
It is still uncertain where all the carbon dioxide came from and what the exact sequence of events was. Scientists have considered the drying up of large inland seas, volcanic activity, thawing permafrost, release of methane from warming ocean sediments, huge wildfires, and even—briefly—a comet.

Yes, the vast majority of actively publishing climate scientists – 97 percent – agree that humans are causing global warming and climate change.

Or

Depends what you look for online.
Your reference refutes the 97% claim time and time again, yet is taken at first sight to support it. This is the sort of shenanigans that abound. Take Oreskes as example, her "consensus" was claimed on the basis that 97% of a very small number who proclaimed themselves to be 'climate experts' agreed and mendacious filtering to exclude all but that very small group. Among those excluded with meteorologists, of who over 60% said humanity had no significant effect! Every study I've studied this far has used similar trickery.
We now come onto the crux: academia is very much broken. Publication and funding biases abound. Funding bias ensures that only those studies that are likely to support 'the narrative' receive funding. Even if someone carries out a study that finds against that narrative, the purpose of the study is almost always declared to find for it (otherwise no funding) and in finding against AGW is deemed to have failed and failed studies don't get published.

Your reference refutes the 97% claim time and time again, yet is taken at first sight to support it. This is the sort of shenanigans that abound. Take Oreskes as example, her "consensus" was claimed on the basis that 97% of a very small number who proclaimed themselves to be 'climate experts' and mendacious filtering to exclude all but that very small group. Among those excluded with meteorologists, of who over 60% said humanity had no significant effect! Every study I've studied this far has used similar trickery.
We now come onto the crux: academia is very much broken. Publication and funding biases abound. Funding bias ensures that only those studies that are likely to support 'the narrative' receive funding. Even if someone carries out a study that finds against that narrative, the purpose of the study is almost always declared to find for it (otherwise no funding) and in finding against AGW is deemed to have failed and failed studies don't get published.

That’s my point Geoff.
You can prove the world is flat online.

Last edited:

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:156)

Back