Not a Virgin!

DiscoDad

Hi all,
Had my first Wild Camp with my 2 sons last year (Aged 14 & 11) and they absolutely loved it. I am keen to do it again.

After finding this site I'm so glad I'm not alone in enjoying this activity!

I have a Land Rover with a roof tent so like to go off the beaten track and park up where we will not disturb anyone (or be disturbed)!

I am very aware of the sensitivities to wild camping and also the attitudes of certain 'Informed' people on the ethics of owning a 4X4 vehicle. :rolleyes:

However, When driving off road or camping I always follow the 'Tread Lightly' code and always keep the place clean. I have often found a spot where I have had to clear up after previous campers! Kids most likely!

I also embrace another Land Rover slogan which is:

'One Life.....Live It!'

At the age of 45 I have grown sick & tired of governments and officials telling me what I can & can't do. As long as I don't disturb anyone, or cause hardship or any other inconvenience to people then what harm is done by parking up a country lane and popping the roof-tent?

Oh, and thanks for the info I have picked up so far! Good Site!:D

Last edited:
Welcome to the site and I totally endorce your sentiments. I to am a Landy enthusiast driving a disco and just finished rebuilding a 1968 s11a 109, (for sale if you know anyone interested). My motorhome is much larger as you can see from my avitar. The site is great and am sure you will enjoy browsing.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back