North Norfolk Camping

Anne Rowe

I refer to the 2007 edition of Camperstop Europe, which is the wild camping bible for the whole of Europe. Predictably there is only one page of entries in the UK section,and we went to the Salthouse car park last night(page90). The sign clearly says no overnight camping....so any of you who have the same book as me, dont set off for this one! We did stop, as it was really late by the time we got there...and nobody said anything! This car park is owned by the National Trust. I am new to this website, so this thought may already have been done in the past, but is it worth trying to lobby the National Trust to be allowed to park on some of their car parks?:D

Re: National Trust

I can tell you're "New to the site", otherwise you would know about all the problems with stopping down on the ferry road at Studland Poole!

Even members of the NT don't seem to have any luck sleeping in 'their' car parks - but good luck with your lobbying!

We were over that way last weekend, we used to stop in the car park next to Brancaster golf club, but there's an old tatty sign saying no over night camping on the way in. It was either just put up after we last used it many years ago... or we didn't see it when we pulled in late at night? We slept in a pub car park, but was otherwise going to try down the lane in Thornham going out to the marshes - I would like to stay near Wells sometime if anyone lists a site they find over that way.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back